View Full Version : Sync'ing Email Drafts

DBW
01-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Hello,
I've been going crazy looking for something that will let you sync drafts between a PPC and Outlook.

I know that MS says that it's by design, but it can be really frustrating if you want to start a long email on the PPC and finish it on a real screen where you can actually see the formatting.

Dave

Jason Dunn
01-19-2004, 05:01 PM
I know, this issue bugs me too. Very bad design decision on Microsoft's part. :evil: I haven't found anything that allows you to bypass this problem or get them to sync. Best bet? Email the message to yourself...

smittyofdhs
08-25-2004, 04:37 PM
My problem goes a bit further. I accidentally put something into the Drafts folder on the ActiveSync (AS) account. Now I can't see the files in the draft folder of the PPC and since AS doesn't sync the drafts, I've got 2 drafts that can't be deleted nor sync'd. Any Help?

Mr. PPC
08-25-2004, 09:05 PM
There is software that enables this feature (and many more, can be pushed as well), but it is a server back-end for Palm OS, Microsoft Pocket PC and Smartphone, Symbian OS, SyncML, and WAP-based devices. Yes, supports all those devices with one server package.

Excellent software, so many features. How about killing all data (hard reset), including SD/CF, if device doesn't sync within a certain timeframe or on next attempted sync (if flagged as stolen/lost).

Called, Pylon Anywhere.

I am finishing my review of it (in writing) this week, will post for those interested. Kinda long as it has screenshots to show a lot of the features.

drowe
08-25-2004, 10:00 PM
One way you might be able to do it is to create a folder under the inbox and then tell outlook to use that folder for holding drafts. I use it to sync mail that I want to keep, but not in my inbox. It syncs perfectly.

smittyofdhs
08-25-2004, 11:33 PM
I don't want to keep drafts, I just want to remove the 2 that are there erroneously

smittyofdhs
08-26-2004, 07:23 PM
FIXED: I used the Find feature of the OS to find the 2 emails stuck in the drafts folder then moved them to the outbox, then deleted them.

For some reason, the find feature could display them but the Inbox was designed to not show them.

Jeff Rutledge
08-26-2004, 07:54 PM
FIXED: I used the Find feature of the OS to find the 2 emails stuck in the drafts folder then moved them to the outbox, then deleted them.

For some reason, the find feature could display them but the Inbox was designed to not show them.

Interesting. Good find (no pun intended). I wouldn't have thought of that.