View Full Version : Converting Word and Excel files to Ipaq 2215

julesvan
01-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I have some files I need to get on my ipaq from my laptop and when I try to use them on my ipaq I get a message that says these files were not produced on the pocket pc. What the? I already knew that! I thought this was supposed to sync and allow me to use all Excel and Word doduments. Help pleeeease!!

Sven Johannsen
01-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Should work fine. What versions of Word and Excel are you using? How did you get the files to the PPC? Drag them into the sync folder? Copy to a flash card with a flash card reader? Just drag them onto the PPC using AS Explore?

Ripper014
01-19-2004, 08:18 PM
As Sven says you should have no problems coping the files over to your PPC... I would suggest that you put in a more robust program than Pocket Excel to read your speadsheets... you may want to try something like "SpreadCE"... it has a freeware version... (with nag screen) and the full commercial version for a few pennies more.

For a word processor there is always "Textmaker"... but that would require you saving up more than a few pennies... a nice program though...

Kowalski
01-23-2004, 12:12 PM
you probably transfered the files without active sync. if you used active sync you should check the autoconvert option. if this option is checked active sync converts the files in a format which your tiny pocket pc can read.

Sven Johannsen
01-24-2004, 12:35 AM
you probably transfered the files without active sync. if you used active sync you should check the autoconvert option. if this option is checked active sync converts the files in a format which your tiny pocket pc can read.
The PPC does not require that the files be converted by AS. Pocket Word and Pocket Excel can read native .doc and .xls files. This is so that you can read these files in email attachments. Translating the files via AS does make them smaller, but at the expense of removing all the features not supported, such as tables, bullets etc. There is some other issue involved here.

julesvan
01-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Got it and thanks for all of your help.