View Full Version : Really tired of eXpanseys

sasquatchw/ppc
01-19-2004, 11:17 AM
I don't know what to do with Expanseys. i ordered an expansion pack for my e740 on the 27th of October 2003, it is now the 19th of January. When I ordered it the estimated arrival time was 3 days. After about a month I really flamed them and they moved the estimated arrival time up to 28 days. I have sent numerous emails asking for explanations and when I can expect to have it. I have been given many dates all of which have been past by without so much as a sorry its not in yet. I really need this expansion pack. I am at my wits end, what are some of the suggestions out there of some of you enlightened folks. I really need this expansion pack, and I am tired of this company. Maybe some of you know where I could find one cheap or maybe someone wants to sell their old one. Thanks

Jason Dunn
01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Are you talking about this one?

http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=107&inv_id=811343&modid=30214092059015&aid=5

:-)

JustinGTP
01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
But what is the companys web site that you are getting mad with?

Janak Parekh
01-19-2004, 06:13 PM
But what is the companys web site that you are getting mad with?
He's talking about www.expansys.com. They carry a lot of good stuff, but have a history of preannouncing stuff long before they have it.

--janak

tvalentin
01-20-2004, 04:52 PM
I've had a mixed experiance with the UK expansys site. Some of my orders have been perfect, and arrived in a day or two.
But others have been a complete disaster. When two of my housemates were buying ipaq 5550's expansys recieved both the orders but cancelled them without notifying them because they felt it was wrong that two orders could come from the same address with different names. I can see there point but it would have been nice if they's told them they'd cancelled the order.
Finally with regards to them posting a product before they have stock, another thread/article described them as posting a product if there heard the merest hint of information down at the pub'. That makes them pretty bleeding edge but not always reliable with stock/delivery dates.
Tom

tsb_hcy
01-20-2004, 06:09 PM
They also have the worst prices I've ever seen online as well. I can't believe anyone ever orders from them.

sofene
01-21-2004, 03:18 PM
I have had dealings with expansys uk. Tom sums it up well, they at most times unreliable. I got some of my orders in reasonable time but when I ordered the ppctech memory upgrade through them it took more than 3 months to get my ipaq back. I wont buy from them again unless as a last resort.

Janak Parekh
01-21-2004, 04:53 PM
They also have the worst prices I've ever seen online as well. I can't believe anyone ever orders from them.
For stuff that's commonplace -- yes, they are expensive. But they're UK-based, so a lot of the products we see here in the US are marked up internationally. In addition, they're a useful source for hard-to-find items, if you can get over their "unreliability" as others mention. They're very paranoid about selling stuff... I got a T68 in the early days from them, and the amount of documentation I had to provide was a bit frustrating.

--janak

JustinGTP
01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Everything in the UK is expensive! My family was born and raised over there and we moved to Canada, partly because my dads job was transferred, and aslo it is so nice in Canada!

-Justin.

blot
01-27-2004, 03:08 PM
I had quite a long delay when ordering some WriteSHIELDs from eXpansys... As for the expansion pack for the e740, I picked one up for my e750 for $40 or so at Best Buy a few months back. Not sure if they still carry them though.

Aerestis
01-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Sasquatchw/ppc! Your avatar is great! I loved that game.