View Full Version : Found a bug...

dmacburry2003
01-19-2004, 06:13 AM
...or at least I think it might be.

In Windows Media Player 9 for Pocket PC, when playing a song, if you go to playlist>organize playlists>new and click in the text box to edit the name of the playlist, the keyboard will appear. But, if you type in the name of the playlist and the auto word completion box appears (and you click one of the words in it and you have the action button set to play/pause in WMP), the song will pause. Click it again and it will play.

Guess this happens whenever the keyboard opens up while in WMP.
If you click the arrow keys on the keyboard it will change songs.

This can get annoying because if your working with WMP in the backround (say, typing something in Word), it still does it and you can control WMP.

From my opinion, I'm guessing that this has somthing to do with the configuration of Windows Mobile. The arrow keys are a substitute for the D-Pad and clicking the action button will allow you to select one of the words in the auto-completion list, so vice-versa.

JustinGTP
01-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Ha - thats funny. Ill try it tonight with my foldable keyboard on my ipaq, see if it works the same. If it will, then that is kind of silly dont you think?

-Justin.

dmacburry2003
01-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah, thats exactly what I mean. I just tried it with my external IR keyboard and it does indeed control WMP.

JustinGTP
01-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Well that kind of destroys the "multi tasking" ability!

-Justin.