View Full Version : Help me Name this Sci-Fi Movie

Enderet
01-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone,

For some months now, I have been looking for a Sci-Fi movie I remember having watched some years ago. I really dont remember much of the movie, yet I feel a need to watch it. I have gone to my local video rental store and looked through their Sci-Fi section and yet havent found the movie I am looking for. Like I said, I hardly remember the movie, but I do remember ONE thing.

The characters had to smoke...(i believe they smoked) what looked like thin RED sticks. These would help them battle some form of radiation (i believe), while they walked on the surface of what was... a radiated earth?

This is all I can remember and even then I feel somewhat unsure. But for sure the red sticks which needed to be smoked. I was thinking that maybe there would be an abundance of Sci-Fi fans in here and thought maybe you guys could help. So.. if you have any info on this movie or remember watching something similar..please post. 0X

jalex
01-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I think the movie you're thinking of is Screamers (http://imdb.com/title/tt0114367/) starring Peter Weller (of Robocop fame).

Enderet
01-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks for taking time to reply... why do you say you believe its Screamers? Does it involve any form of red stick that needs to be smoked?

That is the only thing that I know, with all certainty, that was in that movie that I am looking for.

ironguy
01-19-2004, 03:58 PM
It's one of those "Large Corporations take over the world" type sci-fi movies. There is a war and the planet (not earth) is very radioactive. If you have to go outside a protective area, you smoke one of the sticks. The Screamers were machines that lived in the ground to protect the 'good guys'. Of course they 'evolved' and started killing everyone.
etc
etc
etc

JustinGTP
01-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Sounds kinda like the Matrix lol :)

Enderet
01-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Wow so it really is that Screamers movie eh?

Thanks a lot for helping me find it :D

DrtyBlvd
01-24-2004, 04:11 AM
Good memory Mr/Ms jalex! Go to the top of the class... :lol:

I'd be happy with your memories Enderet, I thought it was a terrible movie! :D