View Full Version : Birthday/Anniversary/Events Tracking Software

rvaccha
01-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Hello,

I have upgraded my iPAQ 3635 to PPC 2002.

I have also installed the latest version of Agenda Fusion.

I was wondering if there was any software I could use to record birthdays/anniversaries etc.

I know one option is to input it into the calendar, but woudl'nt that mean inputting the information for each year, e.g. If my Friends Birthday is on January 5, then I would have to input that into the calendar on Jan 5 for each year...which does not sound like fun.

Hoping someone had some suggestions.

Thanks
RJ

AggieJon
01-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Well, I don't use Agenda Fusion, but it seems like if you input the person's birthday in their contact information, it automatically adds their birthday to the calendar every year. Also, if you need to make an appointment repeat every year (or any other amount of time), you can set it up to repeat at your chosen interval when you create the appointment. Hope this helps. :D

Ripper014
01-17-2004, 07:57 PM
It does... if you add the person's birthday in the contacts it should come up on the calendar on Agenda Fusion.

The other thing that the previous version of Agenda Fusion allowed you to do... and the current one probably does as well... is you can set up an All-Day-Event that happens annually to do the same thing. I do this when there is no need to have the person in your contacts... like a child of a contact or a wife... etc....

All you need to do is create an All-Day-Event.... I like to set mine without an alarm... make my time "Free" make sure that you make it an annual event. And name it something like...

"Rvaccha's Birthday"

Then in the "locn" area under the "subject" put in the birth year... 1985

When you do this it should show the age of the person in brackets... in Agenda Fusion it should show up as "Rvaccha's Birthday (19 yrs)"

The other thing I do is assign an icon to the category birthday... and this will show up in the 30 day calendar... it makes it easy to see visually any events that are coming up.

orthopt77
01-19-2004, 02:37 PM
I use VBirthday. It pulls birthday information right out of Contacts information and allows you to check how many days until the next persons bday and gives you an overall list and calculates how old they are. It also makes their birthday pop up on your calendar. Plus the version I have is FREE.

Hope this helps.
LANCE

Sven Johannsen
01-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Don't know if Agenda Fusion adds the functionality, but on a stock PPC, the birthdays aren't added from the contacts to the calendar directly. If you add a Contact's birthday on the PPC and sync to Outlook on the desktop, the desktop Outlook will generate the Birthday Calendar entry, which then syncs back to the PPC. It doesn't happen on the PPC by itself.

bilbo1969
01-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I gotta agree with orthopt77 about Vbirthday. You can find it free along with many other free/share ware utilities at http://www.snapfiles.com/pocketpc/ppc_fwother.html
Look about halfway down the page for the download link.

Definately worth the look. Have fun. :bday: