View Full Version : Pocket pc + Pc = pc internet

steviebrockfan87
01-17-2004, 04:38 PM
I have a non-actavted t-mobile pocket pc and i was woundering if i re-actavte it and add t-mobile unlimted internet to my pocket pc can i connect the pocket pc to my pc and use my pc as a internet?

I know you can do it from a cell phone?

What stuff will i need to do that?

dmacburry2003
01-17-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm no expert on this but maybe the IR will allow it if you have a laptop.

Janak Parekh
01-17-2004, 08:14 PM
The original T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone doesn't explicitly support use as a modem. People have managed to get it to work as one (http://www.xda-developers.com/modem/), but note that this is a very unsupported configuration, and has a number of limitations -- I don't recommend it for everyday use.

Instead, if you're going to activate a new account, why not get a new phone or PC card in the process? Amazon offers huge discounts, to the point where you can get something like a Sony Ericsson T610 for free along with new service. You can still use it with the Pocket PC Phone by swapping the SIM into it, and T-Mobile's price for unlimited data isn't different for different devices. And those devices officially support use as a modem.

--janak

crash
01-20-2004, 03:46 PM
you can buy a crappy motorola to work as a modem. my original c-332 had modem capabilities and i got that for free +$50 rebate. you can probably get a cheap phone on ebay.