View Full Version : Problem with Bluetooth Internet connection on my hp2215 through T610. Please help!

ed2215
01-16-2004, 01:32 AM
Hi, all!
I've been connecting to Internet through my SE T610 phone for about a month and half now. Each time I try to connect, I have to soft reset my hp2215. Of course, I try to connect without soft reset at first, but almost never works.
Because when I soft reset my hp2215 it let's me connect to internet, I assume that my set up was correct. I am afraid that I have a defect ppc.

Does anybody else have this kind of problem with bluetooth connection? Please let me know. Oh, I did hard reset one time after hp tech guy told me to, but it still didn't work.

Help me here! :cry:
Ed

freitasm
01-16-2004, 03:31 AM
Before thinking of your Pocket PC, have you checked the firmware version on your T610?

ed2215
01-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Hi, freitasm:

My firmware version is R1S001. I don't know anything about firmware. :confused totally:
What am I supposed to do?

Ed

Robb Bates
01-16-2004, 05:30 PM
I have a 2215 and T610. Some times I have a problem connecting too. It may be affected by how you disconnect. After I'm done surfing, I always close the connection manually by tapping the connection icon on the top bar and tapping disconnect. If I just turn off my PPC and let the connection time out, I usually have trouble reconnecting.

Also, if it doesn't connect, sometimes turning the bluetooth off and back on on either the T610 or my h2215 will allow me to reconnect without a reset.

Give that a shot, but if you can find a better solution, let us know.

Also, maybe the bluetooth driver upgrade from HP for the h2215 might help things. I don't have it installed on my machine, but you may want to try it.

Ed, let's work on this together because it really annoys me too. I'll try to do some controlled experiments and see what causes it to work and to not work.

Robb

ed2215
01-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey, Robb:
It's nice to know someone else has the same combination of hardwares as I do. Thanks for your response.
I too will try some controlled experiments to sort out some of the unusual behaviors. Oh, of course your suggestions too.

Also, maybe the bluetooth driver upgrade from HP for the h2215 might help things. I don't have it installed on my machine, but you may want to try it.
I did install the new bluetooth update from HP. It didn't solve the problem.

I'll get back after I try out your suggestions and some of the experiments.

Ed.

ed2215
02-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Hi, all.
I am getting back to this post to keep you updated with what happened after last post.
After Robb's suggestion, I tryed several experiments with no success. So, finally I called HP yesterday.
A tech guy told me to download the new ROM UPDATE (http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_5722.html) with date of 1/15/04 (Make sure you backup because the update deletes everything!) and also the Bluetooth Driver Update. I did both. I am going to try connecting for a few days. If the problem persist, I am gonna have to send it in. I'll keep you posted in a few days.

Ed

QYV
02-08-2004, 04:50 AM
In extensive testing, I discovered that using an iPAQ 2200 and T68i phone (which I would guess is reasonably similar to the T610) I will always need to soft reset if I turn off my iPAQ while a GPRS connection is active. Manually disconnecting before turning the device off is the only way to prevent this from happening, in my experience.

I have the latest Bluetooth update from HP, and the ROM update only adds support for the new extended battery, unfortunately. I have been searching for a workaround but haven't found anything yet.

psionite
02-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Thankyou for this research, I have a h2210 and a T630 I can report the same problem. It took me a lot of frustrating trial and error to work out that I had to do a soft reset. It is reasuring to know that it is not something I'm doing wrong as is usually the case with this sort of thing!

Psi.

batsai
02-09-2004, 03:26 PM
I do not believe this is a phone-specific problem. I have a 2215 and a Nokia 3650, which works great, but I almost always have to do a soft reset before connecting to the internet.