View Full Version : Toshiba E805 cases

arnage2
01-15-2004, 09:40 PM
I just purchased a Toshiba E805, and it seems to be a great unit. Thers's one small problem: No included case. Does anybody know where i can find a thin slip case for it that costs $30 or less?

kabkbak
01-16-2004, 01:45 AM
there are no cases yet
im use'in my old 740 slip caes from tosh fits well no
no frills
soon i hope :cry:

arnage2
01-16-2004, 03:33 AM
I guess that my ziplock bag will have to do for now.

Janak Parekh
01-16-2004, 05:33 AM
I believe Vaja has one in the works. I'm watching closely too. ;)

--janak

Bulldog
01-16-2004, 02:11 PM
I'll have to take a look at it but I can probablymake one for your style of PDA.
Check my site in my sig and see what you think.
There is also a support forum at
www.achilles-site.com

arnage2
01-16-2004, 06:07 PM
I like what i see on your site. Ill take one if you can make one. Ill pm you.

alizhan
02-18-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm currently using my old Handspring Visor pouch case. It actually works well enough that I'll need to be seriously impressed to consider buying a new one (when the big names finally stagger something to market, that is).

I knew that stupid PDA had to be good for something... :grumble:

Janak Parekh
02-18-2004, 04:27 AM
BTW, an interesting piece of trivia: the extended battery comes with the Toshiba slipcase the e805 itself should have been shipped with. I have no clue why they set it up that way... the slipcase can't be worth that much money. :|

--janak

alizhan
02-25-2004, 03:38 AM
the extended battery comes with the Toshiba slipcase the e805 itself should have been shipped with. I have no clue why they set it up that way... the slipcase can't be worth that much money. :|

--janak

Probably for the same reason they still don't offer half the accessories in the US that they do in the UK. :roll:

Seriously, though, it doesn't really offer much protection anyway. My e740 got damaged in their slip cover more than once, while it took regular beatings without a scratch once I got the leather holster (the holster, however, was looking pretty sad after a while--wearing a PDA on a belt clip is apparently a great way to visit abuse upon it). I seem to remember a bunch of people complaining about the e740's chintzy slip cover, and how they were immediately going to buy something better. Maybe Toshiba figures that no-one liked the case anyway, so why bother spending the money on it?

With the extended battery, the normal cases no longer fit, so the slip case adds value again.

In the same "what were they thinking" vein: why does every form-fitting case have so many cutouts in it? I understand that it allows access to the slots, ports, switches, and knobs, but isn't the whole point of a case to protect the device? How can it do that if it doesn't cover some of the most vulnerable bits of the device? Switches can be sealed against casual wetting pretty easily, but those CF and SD slots are direct shot to the heart of the device. Shouldn't they be covered?

Case in point: every time it rains (which, living in the desert in the middle of a 20-year drought, isn't all that often), I have to cover the top of my PDA so water doesn't get in through all those nifty cutouts. I'd much rather have a solid top and bottom, but can't seem to find anyone who makes them anymore.

jkendrick
02-25-2004, 03:45 AM
I use the Copilot 30 from ebcases that is a universal holster made of leather that completely encloses the e805 with extended battery. The Copilot 20 fits the 805 with standard battery.

senfeng
02-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Right now, I'm using the slip case that came with my e755. It fits and keeps the screen clean, but not much else. I was waiting for Vaja case, but I found a couple of VERY classy looking cases from Piel Frama.

Piel Frama Cowhide Case for e805 (http://www.pielframa.com/toshiba_e800.e805.htm)

There're also an Cowhide/Ostrich and Cowhide/Crocodile versions available.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit low on cash so I'll just wait until I can find the products at a US site (Piel Frama's in Italy). I've had Piel Frama cases before (iPaq and Toshiba PDA's). The quality is exceptional! Even the box is very elegant. I'm sure this case will not be any different. I've also had Vaja cases in the past, but other than the magnetic closures that the Vaja's offer, I've always found the Piel Frama cases to be just a bit higher in construction and leather quality. Just my opinion, though. :D

Bulldog
02-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Is the e330 the same housing as the e805?

Janak Parekh
02-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Is the e330 the same housing as the e805?
No. The e805 is noticeably larger than the e330.

--janak

arnage2
03-02-2004, 03:41 AM
yes, much larger. It also has a different case design.

senfeng
03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
It looks like the Vaja case for the e80x has been released (Front Page Article). I don't know if this is old news or not, but it also looks like InnoPocket did the same. I was browsing Mobile Planet and saw that they have a new e800 aluminum case:

InnoPocket Aluminum Case for e800/e805 (http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=MP952025&dept%5Fid=3716&mscssid=GNBAPLE6FU078PEPQ04235XV013R90E9)

Looks cool. I just wish they would make one that flipped vertically. :)

suemccartin
03-11-2004, 07:10 PM
When I bought my extended battery it came with a basic slip case to hold the 805. Also Niteize makes some nice cases that are generic, compusa also generally has a nice selection of generic cases.

jpjd51
03-13-2004, 05:42 AM
http://www.sfplanet.com has a variety of cases for the Tosh e805. I purchased the Krussell Handit case with belt clip from them and I am very pleased with it. Great new leather smell and sturdy screen protection. :D

JohnnyFlash
03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
http://www.sfplanet.com has a variety of cases for the Tosh e805. I purchased the Krussell Handit case with belt clip from them and I am very pleased with it. Great new leather smell and sturdy screen protection. :D

WoW! Thanks, J! I've been searching all over for a case I'd like for my 805. What a great site! I had not even heard of them. I love the brown leather case, and at $38, I consider it a bargain.

Thanks, again.