It's great, check it out.

You gotta do it.

arbitrajeu
01-15-2004, 09:53 AM
It definitely is a great looking app.

Version 1.1 just released, by the way.

mountainfrog
01-15-2004, 02:33 PM
THere are others that are better and MUCH less expensive.

posprg
01-15-2004, 04:13 PM
I have to say though as one has purchased about 5 different apps like this, this is very easy to use and it is fast. Granted there are some features that are missing right now but looks like they are working to add them. I am going to wait to see if I can win a copy :lol: before I purchase.

darrylb
01-16-2004, 04:52 AM
What sort of users are you guys? Most of these apps seem to target the consultant who needs to do his own billing and invoicing. There is not much that is designed for the corporate user who does not need to worry about this aspect.

Do you fit into the corporate or consultant camp? If you are in the corporate market, what features are important to you? Does this make any difference?

(I have a reason for asking - see sig...... :wink: )

jmkeuning
01-17-2004, 09:00 AM
What are the apps that are better and cheaper?

from what I can tell, only TimeTTracker come close in useability and it's not cheaper. I'd like to know what mtn frog is talking about.

as for what to use it for, I do not bill any hours but I like to keep track of what I do all day. Then go back and analyze how I spend my time. These programs are great for that.

I can't get enough of this thing. I just hope they make improvements at the speed at which they are leading on.

jmkeuning
01-17-2004, 09:04 AM
darrylb:

i GOTTA have a desktop version!

I insist on a desktop version for all my productivity/production apps. Anything where I enter data or draw reports has to give me a desktop version.

darrylb
01-17-2004, 09:51 PM
darrylb:

i GOTTA have a desktop version!

I insist on a desktop version for all my productivity/production apps. Anything where I enter data or draw reports has to give me a desktop version.

We've got one in the works.... :wink:

jkendrick
01-23-2004, 06:04 AM
TimeBiller from Fann Software is a very good PPC only app.

http://www.fannsoftware.com/TimeBiller.html

I reviewed both it and TimeTTracker MX in the current PocketPC Magazine and liked both of them.

jkendrick
01-23-2004, 06:04 AM
I have to say though as one has purchased about 5 different apps like this, this is very easy to use and it is fast. Granted there are some features that are missing right now but looks like they are working to add them. I am going to wait to see if I can win a copy :lol: before I purchase.

Which apps have you tried?

posprg
01-23-2004, 06:24 AM
Well I have tried TimeBiller and it was ok but as you pointed out no Desktop version. I purchased Time Tracker R7 and then purchased the 65.00 upgrade to MX8 w/reporting. It has alot of features but just doesn't have the feel that I was looking for (maybe too powerful). MX8 was also alot slower to run on my PPC. I purchased TimeBill Pro that has the desktop but requires the "App Forge Booster" software to run on the PPC. It is missing alot of core funtions that I need on a daily basis and before you ask, I bought it thinking they were going to write updates to add the items that it is missing though that never became reality. I have tried Billable Buddy, No manual time entry and it has issues with .net framework. Again they wanted to do an update but as of yet nothing. To add to the list I have tried simple apps like timekeeper and databases to no avail.

timmy
01-25-2004, 05:48 PM
This one is quite good and freeware! :D

http://bivrin.com/PocketPC/PocketTime/index.htm

/Timmy

jkendrick
01-25-2004, 06:26 PM

/Timmy

Wow, that one looks pretty good for freeware. I'll check it out.

markcrump
01-26-2004, 02:52 PM

/Timmy

I installed it last night, and sadly, I think it's only going to last 10 min on my PPC. It's very easy to get duplicate entries for Customer and Project, it takes a while to load, and I get a error about the Index when I quit.

What I'm really looking for is a software that will let me track my daily activities so I can get some numbers on what I spend time doing, and this looked like a good, cheap alternative. I think I'll have to look a payware again.

timmy
01-26-2004, 04:44 PM
OK, I tried PocketTime, but didn't get these errors. Probably I didn't test it good enough. Since I have a iPaq 3630 (32Megs) I moved away since the database for PocketTime had a default size of 128kb. When it comes to payware I have Billrate myself, and it works very well with a small storage footprint.
I guess Twopeaks offering lifetime upgrade still is on, so it could be a good buy even if the initial price is higher than some others.

/Timmy

mel
01-28-2004, 08:54 PM
FYI: BillRate v1.2 (new version) is now available:
http://www.twopeaks.com/site/products/BillRate/History.aspx

-Mel
Two Peaks Software

Ratel10mm
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
darrylb, what I'm looking for is some sort of program that will emulate our old tech. (paper) work sheets, allowing me to sign it and capture the client's signiature. Maybe eventually my bosses will wake up to this, but for the time being, I just want to use my PPC since I keep forgetting the worksheets when I'm on site! At the moment, I prefer to use Notes to jot down the relevant info, and get the signiatures, then bring it up in word on my PC to print off. Since getting my Ipaq 5550, I've been trying to do the same in pocket word, but I'm still learning how to do it neatly! A nice, professional database type form would be great, as long as I could copy it to my PC & print it off.

jkendrick
01-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Perhaps you could set up a template in either Notes or Textmaker for that. Then it would be simple to do what you want.

Ratel10mm
08-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi jkendrick. I finally got around to trying your suggestion, except than not knowing how to create a template in Notes, I did it in Word and tried to port it. Naturally, pocket word removed the table and dumped all the text together at the top of the page! :evil:
I know that Microsoft needed to cut down word & excel, but do they need to stay this disfunctional these days?
Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do in notes, or do I need to buy textmaker, anyone? :?: