View Full Version : My audio just conked out!

super_sexy_sara
01-15-2004, 01:13 AM
I was at school today and my friend was listening to some tunes on my Toshiba e330 and when she gave it back to me, the audio stopped playing altogether! It won't work through headphones or the speaker. I checked all the settings to see if she might have accidentally hit something, but to no avail! How can I get my audio back?? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Super.

maximus
01-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Soft reset, Hard reset ?

Godsongz
01-15-2004, 02:34 AM
I had this happen once on my 3835. I accidentally tipped a glass of water over on top of the device :oops: , YELPed loudly, and had a silent (though very clean) PDA afterward. I tried everything I could think of including a hard reset to no avail. I brought it back to Best Buy who had already told me over the phone they would honor the warranty and replace the unit, and the audio began working again in the parking lot of the mall! hehee oh well, still have that PDA (and its still clean)

Not really sure how this helps you, but your story just reminded me of mine.

super_sexy_sara
01-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Um, ok, thanks for that...lol.

Janak Parekh
01-15-2004, 05:20 PM
If a soft-reset doesn't do it, look in the headphone hole and make sure nothing is jammed in there. Insert and remove the headphones a few times to make sure...

Also, are all sounds muted, or just music?

--janak

super_sexy_sara
01-15-2004, 06:08 PM
It is all sounds, not just the music.
I didn't see find anything in the headphone hole, i'm guessing that isn't it anyways because the speaker is also not working. I've tried a soft-reset, hard-reset...still nothing. I'm getting worried b/c I don't have any sort of warranty and I got it over a year ago.

Uhoh.

Please help me!

Janak Parekh
01-15-2004, 06:35 PM
I didn't see find anything in the headphone hole, i'm guessing that isn't it anyways because the speaker is also not working.
Did you try the headphones again anyway? There's a toggle that turns off the speaker when you plug in headphones, and a few people have reported that toggle gets stuck. I hope something didn't break in the headphone jack. 8O

--janak

super_sexy_sara
01-15-2004, 08:06 PM
I tried them again, but nothing happened. I really hope I didn't break anything...

Ripper014
01-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Ok.. this may seem like a silly question, but did someone check off all your Sounds & Notifications..?

Would you please go to your /Start/Settings/Sounds & Notifications/

then make sure that that at least some of your selections are checked.

I find it unusual that all your sounds have ceased working along with the headphones...

If this is not working then we can try some more drastic measures..

By the way... just how SUPER SEXY are you..?

super_sexy_sara
01-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Checking the Sounds & Notifications was the first thing I did when I noticed the problem. What kind of drastic measures could I take? I'm desperate!

Super.

Btw, the answer to your question:
=The Super Sexiest :wink:

Ripper014
01-16-2004, 08:44 AM
lol.. in that case.. you can count on all the not so sexy males here to be seeking a solution for you...

I agree with Janak... the only other thing that comes to mind is that there is a problem with the mechanism that toggles the speaker and earjack. But if you can not hear anything with the earphone plugged in, then this would not seem to be the problem.

The next thing to do is back-up your unit and do a hard re-set... if taking your unit back to a factory fresh state does not correct the problem then we can only assume that the unit is now faulty...

Janak Parekh
01-16-2004, 08:52 PM
The next thing to do is back-up your unit and do a hard re-set... if taking your unit back to a factory fresh state does not correct the problem then we can only assume that the unit is now faulty...
I think she already did a hard reset. In that case, I really suspect something broke off in the headphone jack. :(

You might want to call Toshiba, Sara, and find out what the potential costs of repair are. Unfortunately, I'm not too optimistic on the situation. :|

--janak

super_sexy_sara
01-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Well, that is certainly not the news I wanted to hear! :cry:
Thanks for all of your help anyways!

Super.

super_sexy_sara
01-17-2004, 05:25 AM
Ok! If I move my headphones around a little bit I can get the sound! I'm almost back to normal....err, my pocket pc is at least....

super_sexy_sara
01-17-2004, 06:05 AM
I GOT IT TO WORK!!!
Thanks a bunch to everyone who helped me out, I think the toggle was just stuck half-way or something odd like that and after much fiddling around I got it to work again! Yay!

Thanks again,
Super.

Janak Parekh
01-17-2004, 07:37 AM
I think the toggle was just stuck half-way or something odd like that and after much fiddling around I got it to work again! Yay!
Good to hear... and that you didn't give up quickly. :)

--janak