View Full Version : Forgotten (or, dare I even think about it, lost) Pocket PC...

Steven Cedrone
01-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!

I just got to work, went to grab my Pocket PC from my briefcase: no Pocket PC...

The last time I used it was last night at school... Uh Oh...

Did I return it to the briefcase???

When the $%^& did I see it last???

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!

My kids do have a habit of taking my stuff out of my bag, I hope this is what happened!!!

We talked about Internet addiction, man I feel lost without my Pocket PC right now!!! My brain is Jello!!! I really hope my "buddy" is home!!!

Counting' down the minutes until I can call (without waking everyone up)...

Steve

Candygogo
01-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Oh goodness! :cry: I shudder to think about that scenario happening to me. I hope it's not lost!

Steven Cedrone
01-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Whew...

Just received a call from the wife, my "baby" is home and is safe... :way to go:

Now I just have to make it through the whole day without it... :roll:

Steve

Thinkingmandavid
01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
That would be scary. I have forgotten it a few times or reached for it as you did and then felt my pulse quicken when it was not where it is supposed to be.
I get angry at myself because it is a wallet hip case, and if someone were to get a hold of it they would have my 2 credit cards. Not including of course all of the info on my ppc which I refer to on a daily basis.
Since I have had a pda stolen before, I know what it is like to loose the ease of information access.

Steven Cedrone
01-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Well, I wasn't worried about the data: The device is password protected and I have my backups...

I was just worried that, if found, it would never be returned...

Steve

Eitel
01-14-2004, 04:45 PM
I left work yesterday and went to the Secretary of State to renew my car's registration. Went to pull out my PPC to make the wait more pleasant and the horror, it was not in my jacket. I forgot it at work. Went straight back to work after I got out of there to pick it up. It was the longest hour I have ever spend. :(

Thinkingmandavid
01-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Yeah, without a ppc life is just not the same.
I am glad you said that steve, I need to put a password on mine as well. I have been adding a little at a time to mine and realized I have more sensitive info in there than i thought.

Janak Parekh
01-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Good to hear it's safe, Steve.

I carry four things in my pocket:

1. Keys
2. Pocket PC Phone
3. Wallet
4. iPod

Whenever I "leave" somewhere, I make a conscious habit of patting down my pockets and making sure all four items are always around. It would be even worse if I left my Pocket PC Phone at home.

--janak

JustinGTP
01-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Ha, I do the same thing Janak; however, I did, one day, thought that I had lost my cellphone, and that it was probably stolen at school.

Turned out I have put it in my locker (dont know why) in the morning. Phew. I dont want alzheimers just yet. :|

-Justin.

Dave Potter
01-14-2004, 06:35 PM
I also 'inventory' my pockets before I go out to make sure that I am not missing anything essential.

Travelling is hell for me - I have so much stuff in my pockets and in my brief case it's hard to keep track of it all. I'm not sure what I would do if I thought I lost something important.

powder2000
01-14-2004, 07:05 PM
My super battery powered, wifi getting, bangup taking :bangin: eg-800 is hard to forget. I guess that's the one good thing about having a 'brick' for a pocket pc. I haven't forgotten it yet. :lol:

shawnc
01-14-2004, 10:49 PM
It's been a rough couple of days for you Steve, first the squirrel, now this. Take comfort in the fact that I just read that the Harrisburg area is the 2nd least stressful city in the USA :wink: .

maximus
01-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Perhaps it is time to market an e-vest with IAS (inventory autodetection system) ... it will sound an alarm if one of the 'registered' inventory is missing for a certain period of time ... and of course the alarm sound is user-customizable ...

Dave Potter
01-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Perhaps it is time to market an e-vest with IAS (inventory autodetection system) ... it will sound an alarm if one of the 'registered' inventory is missing for a certain period of time ... and of course the alarm sound is user-customizable ...

So long as the alarm doesn't sound like a little girl screaming - which is pretty much how I would sound if I lost something important.

:lol: