View Full Version : Activesync and Internet Explorer Problems

ALP
01-12-2004, 11:46 AM
1. When I connet my 2200 to laptop top, evertime it connets as quest, and I did not find any solution yet, any suggestions or experiences ?

2. My PPC is able to connect internet via GPRS, I can log on my e mail accont, but there is no chance to connect an internet site, I always receive a message, "the page you are looking for cannot be found".

Does it needs HR ??????, please no !!!!

pacemkr
01-21-2004, 03:28 AM
I came across your post in a search. Here is my story, might help you.

I have the HP 2210 and have the exact same problem (the second one). I use infrared coonection with a Samsung E700 phone and it connects fine via gprs (t-mobile) but I cant browse. This is the second time this happened. Originally I thought it was a problem with my connection and wasted several hours trying everything in the world to get it to work. Eventually I had to hard reset it... :cry: Once that was done it worked flawlessly within minutes. I would open ie enter an address and it would ask to connect bringing up the connection dialog.

Now, all was fine untill today. I had the need to go on the net via the phone again. Now its doing the same thing.

I'll try to find what is the reason behind this and will post another solution. If not I'm afraid a hard reset is the only way. :roll:

Steven Cedrone
01-21-2004, 03:58 AM
1. When I connet my 2200 to laptop top, evertime it connets as quest, and I did not find any solution yet, any suggestions or experiences ?

Do you use Pocket Hosts by any chance???

2. My PPC is able to connect internet via GPRS, I can log on my e mail accont, but there is no chance to connect an internet site, I always receive a message, "the page you are looking for cannot be found".

Sounds like a DNS issue. Try to connect to a site using the IP address. Does it work using the IP address? If yes, try to find out what the DNS server addresses are for your isp and enter them manually...

Steve

pacemkr
01-21-2004, 04:14 AM
I think the problem is with Pocket IE itslef. It even does that when I try to use the pass through connection in activesync. Just gives you page cannot be found without even attempting to connect. I might backup and do a hard reset, then start installing programs one by one to see if one of them is causing this.

Steven Cedrone
01-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Try one other thing: browse to your devices windows directory: run welcome.exe

See if you can use PIE after that...

Steve

pacemkr
01-21-2004, 04:29 AM
You are good Steven!! :lol:

Just ran the file, did the whole setup procedure that you get the first time you boot the device and its working. IE now asks to connect and if connected to activesync, it just opens the site. I suppose this resets some settings on the device. I was just thinking, I wish i had a way to reset the settings without a hard reset. This did the trick, very clever.

Steven Cedrone
01-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Glad to hear it!!!

Steve