View Full Version : PNY 256 SD Cards???? Reliable?

Stevoo187
01-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey guys,

You may have seen my post about a week ago talking about how I was interested in purchasing a lexar 256 sd card. Well, I ended up buying the thing and it turned out to be a fluke. Everytime i put stuff on there this folders with wingdings for names were on the card and i had not put them there and at times it wasn't even recognized. I noticed the color of the SD Card was blue so automatically i thought relabeled SANDISK... too bad it hadn't been a panasonic or such. :( But now i'm in a similar situation only with a PNY 256 SD Card. It is 49.99 (as was the lexar) and i was just wondering if anyone had any good/bad things to say about PNY. Also, does PNY Manufacture their own SD Cards or do they simply relabel like LEXAR? Thanks for your help :lol:

Pat Logsdon
01-11-2004, 08:31 PM
I'd stay away from PNY - I'm pretty sure they source from SanDisk. Here's a list of cards that have failed the "Happy Cheesecake" test:

http://sdprob.aximsite.com/theproblemlist.htm

Glohamar
01-11-2004, 10:23 PM
PNY gets their SD cards from San Disk!?!? I have had a PNY SD card since Sept. 03 with no problems. It only has 75 MB left as I install everything on it that I can. Please tell me that PNY is NOT a San Disk in disguise. Looks like it is time to invest my money in a good 512MB SD card.

Dave