View Full Version : media player 8 full screen

sebjo
01-11-2004, 04:12 PM
I have converted movies into the wm format. When I play them on my ppc media player 8 in full screen mode they never fill up the entire screen no matter what dimension I have set. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem? :roll:

Ripper014
01-11-2004, 08:21 PM
I am not sure.. but on Windows Media Player 9... well the one that came with my Pda... Hp2210... there is a little icon in the top right corner with an arrow... it expands it to full screen mode...

The other alternative... and the one I choose to use is PocketMVP... it means encoding for DivX... but not a big deal... VirtualDub makes it rather easy...

dmacburry2003
01-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Are the videos widescreen? This leaves a small black area above and below the image.

Bladefree21
01-12-2004, 03:59 AM
I have converted movies into the wm format. When I play them on my ppc media player 8 in full screen mode they never fill up the entire screen no matter what dimension I have set. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem? :roll:

When you are converting to Pocket PC... 320 by 240 is the resolution needed for full screen. The problem has been solved by many software varieties and widescreen videos are often problematical when changing the aspect ratio.