View Full Version : What is faster ? 512 CF or WiFi

Mitchybums
01-10-2004, 10:27 PM
I have a wifi setup at home, and I use it mostly for scumm games and playing movies on my ipaq.
There is nothing else wifi, so the ipaq gets it's max bandwidth through it.
I recently started playing the 3rd monkey island game, but it's unbearable over wifi, and due to my 128mb sd, I dont have enough space to even put cd1 on it.
I had to get my laptop hooked up again, but it's a drag since I basicaly got the Ipaq to replace my laptop.
Would getting a bigger memcard and putting it on this card speed up the game to a playable level or would I just stick to the wifi way I am using now.
Would a microdrive make a difference, or something??
if a CF would be suggested, would it pay off to get a highspeed sandisk one instead of another for accessing big files ( also thinking about playstation images in the back of my head) or will it be limited by cpu power or mem controller bandwidth?

Any idea's?

dhettel
01-10-2004, 11:06 PM
You might find this thread of some use to you; http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=198558&sid=10906159c3e3dab91a81117eff1e0b14

Basically if you want speed stay away from the Sandisk cards. Look at Simpletech, Panasonic or Lexar