View Full Version : replacing a battery?

atv
01-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Can you replace a battery on the 3600 ipaq series? My litpoly battery is severely uncharged, to the point of not working. The backlight doesn't work anymore, suspectingly of the same problem. And also the reason that i lose my data upon reboot.I was wondering if i could just buy a new one or maybe there is even a procedure to recharge these devices.

i still think it's incredibly stupid that just because a ignorant consumer leaves his devices on ac, the battery drains. It's ridiculous. Anyway.

Janak Parekh
01-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Can you replace a battery on the 3600 ipaq series? My litpoly battery is severely uncharged, to the point of not working. The backlight doesn't work anymore, suspectingly of the same problem. And also the reason that i lose my data upon reboot.I was wondering if i could just buy a new one or maybe there is even a procedure to recharge these devices.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/i3600diykit.asp

i still think it's incredibly stupid that just because a ignorant consumer leaves his devices on ac, the battery drains. It's ridiculous. Anyway.
It's not that simple. Batteries are complex chemical reactions. Not using them or overusing them can hurt. Plus the charger can't keep on charging a full battery; it'll cause damage, especially with Li-Ion and Li-Poly batteries.

--janak