View Full Version : Application shortcut icon in tray?

Dave Potter
01-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know - is there a way to place an application shortcut icon in the system tray (lower right side of screen)???

ctmagnus
01-10-2004, 01:41 AM
That took me a while to figure out which platform you were referring to, but I use PowerMenu (http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/) to minimize already running programs to the tray. I don't know if there's anything out there that will provide a quicklaunch-type area right in the tray, but there's always the Quicklaunch toolbar, that you can put right beside the tray if necessary.

Dave Potter
01-10-2004, 02:32 AM
That took me a while to figure out which platform you were referring to, but I use PowerMenu (http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/) to minimize already running programs to the tray. I don't know if there's anything out there that will provide a quicklaunch-type area right in the tray, but there's always the Quicklaunch toolbar, that you can put right beside the tray if necessary.

Sorry ctmagnus - I wasn't referring to my desktop PC OS - I was actually referring to my PPC with WM2003. By tray, I mean the area where the Bluetooth icon and WIFI icon appears (lower right hand side of the screen)

ctmagnus
01-10-2004, 03:51 AM
:oops: I read tray and thought "flat thing with ridges around the outside" which is what the Windows 2000 system tray resembles.

No, I have no idea how to do that. But I have seen a few programs that do it, namely Pocket Informant, ftpsvr and a few others so it is obviously possible with a little bit of programming knowledge.

stevew
01-10-2004, 03:08 PM
A utility called True Toolbar will do what you want plus other very useful functions.

carphead
01-10-2004, 07:33 PM
HandyLauncher by DinarSoft will do that. It's on Handango.

mrkablooey
01-11-2004, 04:41 AM
like carphead said, get HandyLauncher, I think it's only $2.99US. I use that with HandyMenu and am quite happy.

Kowalski
01-11-2004, 08:51 PM
ok is there a utility for free which will sit in the task bar?