View Full Version : I can't get an IP address on my iPAQ 2215 (PPC 2003)

boomer_sooner
01-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I've got an iPAQ 2215 with PPC2003 and I've tried the D-Link DCF-660W with beta PPC2003 drivers and the Ambicom WL1100C with their PPC2003 drivers and I get the same result each time - I have a radio signal from my Linksys 802.11b router, but I can't get an IP address by DHCP. I thought I was getting one until I realized that 162.X.X.X is the default IP address that shows in the network settings. Aside from setting a static IP, the subnet mask, and DNS IP, how can I get the router to assign the PDA an IP by DHCP? If I assign a static IP, will this cause problems when I try to tap into another wireless network, outside of my house? And, if I give the PDA a static IP, don't I need to configure the MAC address and that IP into the router?

Before I realized the problem was the IP and not the card(s) and/or driver(s), I performed a hard reset to make sure any driver info from previous installs was wiped from the registry. I've got a factory-fresh OS now and I'd like to get the WLAN working before I start putting everything else back on.

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

Jim