View Full Version : Problem viewing icons and hyperlink-bitmaps in Microsoft Reader

rfook
01-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

I got a new iPAQ h4150 for Christmas and I have been trying to get the Microsoft Reader component to work. Maybe someone can help..?

I have successfully installed and activated the latest Microsoft Reader (version 2.2.2) on the iPAQ, and I have purchased and downloaded a Fodor's travel guide e-book from Amazon.com.

I have successfully been able to open and read the e-book on the iPAQ, except for one, big, problem. I am getting a display corruption when the icons and hyperlink-bitmaps are being displayed. What's happening is that each icon is being 'expanded' so that it takes up an entire page. This occurs both in the main section of the book and in the table-of-contents pop-up section.

The actual text of the book is being displayed properly, as are the photo-bitmaps, the cover page and the index. I have been able to look at the same e-book using Microsoft Reader on my PC (WinXP) and it looks and behaves just fine.

I have tried playing about with the cleartype settings and doing a soft-reset, but it is not having any affect. Has anybody experienced this problem before? If so, what can I do?