View Full Version : h2215 SD Card vs. iPAQ File Store

Robb Bates
01-06-2004, 06:48 PM
There are several programs on the h2215 that can use a "Storage Card". Such as Inbox for storing file attachments, Nevo for it's configuration files and File Explorer. But the "Storage Card" they use is actually the "iPAQ File Store" which is not an actual Storage Card, it's only about 3.8MB of Flash ROM. There's no way I can use it to store all my file attachments on there and still be able to use it as critical data backup. And I hate that Nevo defaults to using it.

Is there any way to tell the h2215 to use the SD Card instead of the iPAQ File Store as it's default "Storage Card" device? I've fiddle with some registry entries and only managed to mess up my device.

Robb Bates

WyattEarp
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
You can set some programs to store files to Main memory, iPAQ FileStore or the storage card by default but not the PPC itself and not Nevo. Nevo uses the iPAQ FileStore because it can survive a hard reset. You will have to check the menu of individual programs or the help files to see if it is an option.

Robb Bates
01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
You can set some programs to store files to Main memory, iPAQ FileStore or the storage card by default but not the PPC itself ...

Well that stinks. Are you sure about that? Isn't there some kind of registry hack you can do? There has to be some registry entry that points to the iPAQ File Store as the default card. Just modifying that to point to the SD Card shouldn't be too difficult. What if I wanted to use the CF card to save my inbox attachments. Why is it, that with four different options (Main Memory, iPAQ FS, SD, CF), I can only choose between the first two? That sure seems silly. :?

... and not Nevo. Nevo uses the iPAQ FileStore because it can survive a hard reset.

Who cares? Why should Nevo be so much more critical than any of my other data? I don't really care too much if I lose Nevo's settings. I can just restore it along with the rest of my lost data. Is there a way to change that too?

You will have to check the menu of individual programs or the help files to see if it is an option.

Yeah, but what I'd like to find out is if there is a way to change the default setting.

Robb

WyattEarp
01-08-2004, 07:17 AM
First, slow down and relax. Second, some programs must be installed into main memory in order to run correctly. Email attachments and AvantGo can be saved on a memory card. For email goto Tools - Options - Storage to save attachments on a storage card and for AvantGo you need to tweak the registry. Check out PHM Tweaks (http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/) that may help you some. Nevo, it's just made that way. Again you cannot change the default setting for the entire PPC only individual programs.

If you need a bigger FileStore or more internal memory then you need a different PPC or a memory upgrade from Pocket PC Techs (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/)

Kowalski
01-08-2004, 11:20 AM
and not Nevo. Nevo uses the iPAQ FileStore because it can survive a hard reset.
i hate this kind of programs :evil: :evil: :evil:
they can make such an option so saving is done anywhere you want but they don t do it. why! do they think that we are stupid so we cant think of a hard reset scenario!
ok, nevo is a cool program but it makes me angry