View Full Version : PocketMechanic Causes Hard Reset!!!

llcooljayce
01-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Okay ... here's what happened. I was running PocketMechanic to benchmark my read/write speed to my SD card and my PPC powered down because of my power settings ... no problem right? Well then I turn the unit back on and PocketMechanic says that I should rerun the application because the unit powered down while doing checks on the SD card. No problem. When I click on the PocketMechanic icon, the unit resets and I get the "oh crap" feeling cause I start seeing screens that I haven't seen since I first set up my PPC .... so everything is lost ... not a big deal, just a big piss off. So just a warning out there for you guys that may be using PocketMechanic.

Anyone have this kind of thing happen to them before?

Bob Anderson
01-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I haven't had that happen, but then again, I noted with great curiosity that a few of the tests flash warning messages that you should make sure the PDA is hooked up to AC power...

I thought at the time, why would I need to do that?

I now know!

dhettel
01-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Okay ... here's what happened. I was running PocketMechanic to benchmark my read/write speed to my SD card and my PPC powered down because of my power settings ... no problem right? Well then I turn the unit back on and PocketMechanic says that I should rerun the application because the unit powered down while doing checks on the SD card. No problem. When I click on the PocketMechanic icon, the unit resets and I get the "oh crap" feeling cause I start seeing screens that I haven't seen since I first set up my PPC .... so everything is lost ... not a big deal, just a big piss off. So just a warning out there for you guys that may be using PocketMechanic.

Anyone have this kind of thing happen to them before?

What version where you running and is it in trial mode, or is it registered? As far as I can tell the only reports of this happening are with a cracked version.

And just to put my money where my mouth is. I tried doing a benchmark on my Hp5555 on an SD card, and about 10% into it I turned my iPAQ off. Waited about a minute and turn it back on. In my case the benchmark completed.

David