View Full Version : Dialing contacts via Bluetooth

Martin I Pettinger
01-05-2004, 05:02 PM
-
Hi

I have an iPAQ 2210 and a T610 phone. I thought it was possible to tap and hold a contact in Contacts and get the iPAQ to dial via Bluetooth.

I have Pocket Informant 4.6 am I missing an option or do I need some more third party software?

Happy New Year

Martin

Dave Potter
01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Try SimpleCall:

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=2650

It works well and is relatively inexpernsive at $9. It allows you to tap and hold a contact and then select a 'Call Now' option. It also allows you to automatically add a dialing prefix of your choosing (like 1 for North America) or to exclude a portion on the number (like the area code if you are dialing locally).

bdegroodt
01-05-2004, 07:52 PM
I have a 4350 and all I have to do is select the name long enough to get the context menu->select "Dial via Bluetooth" and it dials on my phone. Same with sending contacts to the phonebook.

Martin I Pettinger
01-06-2004, 10:18 AM
bdegroodt

Cheers - I changed Pocket Informant such that selecting the Contacts program used the default Windows 2003 program rather than the PI version and the dial by Bluetooth option is in there.

Martin

Anthony Caruana
01-09-2004, 02:53 AM
bdegroodt

Cheers - I changed Pocket Informant such that selecting the Contacts program used the default Windows 2003 program rather than the PI version and the dial by Bluetooth option is in there.

Martin

The Option is there in PI. It's just a little hidden. It's under the Plugins menu on that Tap-Hold context menu