View Full Version : Battery Pack and Pocket Plus

ntractv
01-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Okay, I will admit I am a bit bewildered between these two apps. I have used both and there seems to be something qwerky. When I install and use Battery Pack and the battery is fully charged on my iPAQ 5555 the program tells me I have 3 Hours and 41 minutes left, however, when I run Pocket Plus, the battery indicator tells me I have (on average) 6 hours and some odd minutes. Mind you, Pocket Plus battery meter usually is on the dime as far as doing WiFi and daily routine stuff. But, my question is is either accurate? And why so much difference in battery life remaining time?

Jason Dunn
01-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Pocket Plus' battery meter takes several days worth of use to accurately measure battery life - have you been using it for at least a week?

Personally, I think measuring battery life by anything other than % is wishful thinking - no piece of software can accurately predict battery life and load to give you a number all that accurate. :-)

ntractv
01-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I've been using Pocket Plus now for about two months now and last night re-installed Battery Pack out of curiosity. Uninstalled it right after since I kinda prefer Pocket Plus anyway.

tanalasta
01-06-2004, 04:55 AM
I agree batterypack doesn't estimate batterytime that accurately. I've been using mine for months and it still insists on 2-3 hour lifespans when everytime (by clicking duration elapsed) i usually get 5-6 hours plus before i get around to charging it.

Spb's gprs monitor comes with a battery monitor and that seems to give me (at the same time) the 6 hours left. However, I've come to learn to use both as a guide only... it's not hard to decide "ok it's not going to last me another day so lets plug the ppc into the charger" ;)

I bought both programs not for the battery monitoring but for other functions such as program bar/task manager and the said gprs monitor.