View Full Version : 5555 Case with Expanded Battery

bleeman
01-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I've got a new 5555 and love it. However, upon reading up on the various accessories I see that the extended battery description states the sleeves will not work with it in place. When I'm out and about I used to always use my "Cover Pack" with my 3835 (And I was bummed by the fact that the 5555 came with the belt clip case instead of the simple cover pack like my 3835 did). Since it works on the same concept as the sleeves, I'm guessing it won't work with the expanded battery either. So this brings me to my question. What are the rest of you using as a case when you're using the extended battery?

Thanks!

Wyzard
01-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Well, I've got a 5555 model with the Slim Keyboard and Extended Battery attached to it. When I have to carry it around, I still use the original case w/ belt clip that came with it. Since they sides stretch out, it accomodates they accessories I've got. The elasticity of the case is no longer the same, it remains a little too large for just my Ipaq without any accessories, but the case works fine.
Cheers!

bleeman
01-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback Wyzard. That's good to know, although I'm still not sure if I want to use the belt case or not. I'm generally a klutz and used to always snap the belt clips on my cell phones going through doorways so I'm not sure I want my iPAQ hanging out there in the "Danger Zone" or not :D That's why I've liked the simple "cover pack" so much as I can slide the unit into my pocket where it's less likely to be banged up.

ctmagnus
01-03-2004, 10:26 PM
I'd suggest the iPAQ Professional Protective Case (http://h30143.www3.hp.com/configure2.cfm?sid=18077) as it apparently accomodates an extended battery, but as I don't have an extended battery yet, I can't confirm that first-hand.

bleeman
01-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the link CTMagnus. That looks like it might be the best one for me. I also noticed in it's description that it comes with two backs, one with a belt clip, so I'm assuming the other doesn't have one, which makes me very happy. I'm going to check and see if anyone has one in stock locally so I can get a hands on look at it, just to make sure since it isn't very cheap.

Thanks again!