View Full Version : Videostreams and WMP cache

Bateman
01-03-2004, 02:06 AM
Hi!

I want to watch the videostreams you can find on the internet (ex. on www.ppcvidz.com) over bluetooth to my Ipaq. When testing my networkspeed I get about 290 kbps.
I can play the 300 kbps videos but they are a bit choppy. So therefore I would be glad if anyone knows how to change Windows Media Player's cache settings?
Or maybe there is another media player I can use to watch the streams. And how to make that player open the streams?

Thanks!

Daniel

Mitchybums
01-03-2004, 09:30 AM
there is a setting in media player for your network speed.
That might increase the buffering on the media player.
other players do cache files, like pocketMVP, only I havent played with windows media formats on that yet.
there is an experimental plugin I believe.

Bateman
01-03-2004, 03:58 PM
I have tried the network speed setting without sucess...

Yes playing wmv-files is not a problem, since there is players like PocketMVP.
But the streams is not really wmv-files, there are some kind of shortcuts so I don't know how to have another player than Media Player to open them. Maybe somebody knows how to do this?

Thanks

Mitchybums
01-04-2004, 07:07 PM
it's possible to play the streams on your desktop.
in media player you can get the properties,m and from there you got the actual url.
try putting this url in a different media player.
I tried looking for increasing the cache size, but in the registry i cannot find anything so far.

Bateman
01-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the idea is good, but I have already tried it :)
I took the URL from my desktop computer and put it into PictPocket Cienma (the only mediaplayer I know with wmv stream support?). But no sucess...

If I was as skilled as you I would also search the registry...
I hope you find something useful, good luck.