View Full Version : utilizing storage cards with ipaq

jp7
01-01-2004, 05:23 PM
I just made the move from a longtime user of palm devices to a new ipaq 4155. I purchased a 256 mb storage card but have found (with at least one add in program CodeWalletPro) that my data must be stored on the main drive for Activsnyc to see and update the information. Is this program specific or can you not sync to a storage card? I was able to place the program on the storage card, but there must be a way to get Activsync to see the storage card. It seems that would be a serious limitation. :?:

Janak Parekh
01-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Correct, ActiveSync won't touch the storage card. There's a third-party tool, MightySync (http://www.mydocsunlimited.com/html/mightysync.html), that will let you sync against files on a storage card.

Alternatively, you can install the program on the Storage Card, but keep the data file inside My Documents in main memory. I do this for a number of programs without any problems. :)

--janak

jp7
01-01-2004, 09:26 PM
I will try the mighty sync program and yes I am already plcaing the programs on the storage disk. They seem to be running OK, but the CodeWallet program does sometimes not start when tapping the program screen. I talked to the programmer and he told me that it had been reported a few times. I think it has to do with the 4155 and the use of a storage card for running the program.
This resource is great for learning about what is a new platform for me. I am in the process of searching for applications to enhance the device.
Thanks again :D

mobilemetal
01-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Once the program is installed, can it be moved to the SD card? Or does it need to be re-installed?

Sven Johannsen
01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Most programs that are installed, whether from an exe on the desktop or a cab on the PPC will need to be un-installed and re-installed if you wish to move them. The reason is that they do generally make registry entries that point to the ops and support, files. You can of course use a registry editor, but unless you are really familiar with registry editing, I think it is faster to just re-install.

There are programs around that are WinCE (or PPC, or whatever) executables, that you just copy to the PPC and run it. In fact trying to run it on a PC gives you a 'not a win32 app' error. This tuype you can move at will, but you will need to update any shortcuts you may have created.

jp7
01-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Could you possibly shed any light on the software battery pack 2004. I find that when I do a soft reboot, the ipaq 4155 reverts back to the default screen, requiring a reinstall of the program. I like to features, but this is a real pain since the program does not install in the usual way, that is keeping a copy availbale from Activesync.

tanalasta
01-16-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm using batterypack 2004 without any of the problems you've described. Have you installed it into your main memory and not the storage card? And you have completely uninstalled previous versions of batterypack from your device?

I would suggest uninstalling and removing all files associated with batterypack (click start/remove programs... follow the instructions... soft reset and remove it again) then reinstalling to see if it solves your problem.

Before you do that, there's one more thing. Click start, settings, today/items and see if program bar/batterypack appear on that list and whether they're checked.