View Full Version : Where do I go from here (Future PPC...)

Myrddin
01-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey folks,

Where do I go now? I currently own an iPaq 5455, which I'm absolutely loving. I couldn't live without my WiFi or my bluetooth or my large (size, not resolution) screen. The device is and has been an absolute pleasure to use. Its speedy enough for me, looks nice, isn't really that big (all things considered) and is sturdy. I'm a student and I'm starting University next year. I use, and will be using, my PPC as my: word processor, mp3 player, ebook reader, portable gaming device, wireless net tool and all around handheld swiss army knife.

Now, I love my 5455. And it is serving me well. But I've got the upgrade bug.. sort of. What to do now. I have the cash to buy any (normally priced) PCC out at the moment, so I'm looking for suggestions on my next move. I don't even know if I really need to upgrade. Any new device would need basically the same features as my curretn 5455.

I would also need facility for an external keyboard (I use an IR keyboard with my 5455.. so that could probably carry over.)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Scribb
01-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Just keep the 5455 :idea:

After all, you're not going to get any more features for your cash.

Buy something else instead, like an iPod or (my favourite) a Nomad MP3 player.

Or keep the cash and wait for some new PPCs with actual new features.

Falstaff
01-02-2004, 02:11 AM
You should just hold onto your current PPC and wait for PPC2004 with VGA support to come out. Oncethat happens, there will (hopefully) be many devices with very functional and compatible VGA screens, which is definately worth upgrading for.

David Prahl
01-02-2004, 02:20 AM
Maybe get a nice big memory card, or upgrade your PC. My PPC experience has been much more enjoyble since I built my new PC.