View Full Version : Where to buy XDA II, MDA II, or iMate

jalm1
12-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know where i can buy an MDA II, XDA II, or iMate (or any of the othe comparable modles)? i have tried Tek-n-Toys but they are out of sock for about 2 weeks. i am wondering if there is anywhere else that i can get one sooner? all the places that i have found seem to be out of stock as well. Thank you for your help.

Jon Westfall
12-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Ebay now seems to have a steady stream of them, on-par with pricing elsewhere. Now that XDA-Developers have developed a way to unlock the XDA II from O2, buying one of those doesn't lock you into their network. You should be able to purchase one from them without contract, and I don't see why they wouldn't ship it oversees. O2 can be screwey on simlock, but when buying it off contract, they should give you the unlock code (if not, resort to xda-developers).

If you don't mind a slightly used one, let me know. Mine has a small piece of plastic missing from right around the power button. It bugs me, and I'd be willing to sell my i-mate to you for around $800, and then go out and purchase a new one for myself. PM me if interested. Otherwise, happy hunting.

Jon.

drj
12-31-2003, 03:24 AM
Bought my Imate from www.compume.com

Door to Door in a week. Great! Or I would also buy an Imate from www.ppcw.net

The MDA II model is a German device that has been hacked with a english rom.

The question to ask...does it come with original ENGLISH manuals? Did you hack it to english? Does it come with a MANUFACTURE Warranty or is it just through you? If they or you flash it you have no warranty.

jalm1
01-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Thank you guys for your help!

werb
01-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know where i can buy an MDA II, XDA II, or iMate (or any of the othe comparable modles)? i have tried Tek-n-Toys but they are out of sock for about 2 weeks. i am wondering if there is anywhere else that i can get one sooner? all the places that i have found seem to be out of stock as well. Thank you for your help.

We have even been buying out other retailers just to fill orders! Good news!

WE ARE SWITCHING TO THE I-MATE!!!!!!

We will carry the I-Mate and all accessories as of Tuesday morning. You will also be supporting PPC Thoughts by using the following link;
http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=290&inv_id=31112230446767&modid=30214092059015&aid=5

Thanks to everyone who has purchased through us to date!!!!

drj
01-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Excellent NEWS tekntoys!

EXCELLENT!

jalm1
01-04-2004, 01:59 AM
Tek-n-toys, thanks for the news! i still havent found one. do you plan on shipping them on teusday, or wensday?
Thanks!

gry
01-04-2004, 05:22 AM
I can't believe how expensive these are.

Any idea when the prices will go down for normal people?

lanwarrior
01-21-2004, 08:40 AM
What is the MAIN difference between the i-Mate and XDA-II, other than the appearance difference?

I know XDA has been around for sometime, but I never heard of i-Mate..

Kadegboye
01-22-2004, 04:03 AM
Hi,
There is basically no difference between XDA II & i-Mate except for ROM interface. The XDA II came with O2 interface which is used mainly in Europe (UK, IRELAND) while i-Mate has no O2 interphase. I am in the USA and I use XDA II. The same machine came out with about 6 different names depending on what part of the world you buy it from. These are:- Himalayas, XDA II, MDA II, i-MATE, Q-Tek 2020 etc.
Kay.

lanwarrior
01-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Kadegboye,

Thanks for the info. I may sound dumb, but what is exactly an O2 interface? Are you referring to the PHYSICAL look of the device or the software?

BTW, where did u buy the XDA-II?

Qman
01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
FYI GSM Phone Source here in Las Vegas, NV
( http://www.gsmphonesource.com ) has the MDA II in stock and
man they're going fast! :wink:

BTW tell them Qman sent you!