View Full Version : NOT, not is CANADA or ALASKA, is LAS VEGAS - Historic Day

RobertoLV_
12-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi Friends. I leave this Pictures (Today 30 Dec, 2003 8:00AM) from LAS VEGAS, NV, Historic day.

http://www.jeglaw.com/lasvegas/LasVegas04.jpg

http://www.jeglaw.com/lasvegas/LasVegas05.jpg

http://www.jeglaw.com/lasvegas/LasVegas06.jpg

http://www.jeglaw.com/lasvegas/LasVegas03.jpg

http://www.jeglaw.com/lasvegas/LasVegas01.jpg

ĦĦSalud!!-2

Jeff Rutledge
12-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Wow! Who would have thought Vegas would have more snow on the ground than Calgary in December!!! :shocked!:

David Prahl
12-31-2003, 03:15 AM
We don't have ANY up here in Wisconsin! :cry:

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 06:07 AM
Bizarre irony, huh? We had two big snowstorms with total accumulations of over two feet... before winter began. Now that winter has started, the temps aren't dropping below freezing this entire week. Warmest end of December I can remember in years. It was over 50 today, and it was about 56 degrees yesterday. 8O

--janak

RobertoLV_
12-31-2003, 06:24 AM
Bizarre irony, huh? We had two big snowstorms with total accumulations of over two feet... before winter began. Now that winter has started, the temps aren't dropping below freezing this entire week. Warmest end of December I can remember in years. It was over 50 today, and it was about 56 degrees yesterday. 8O

--janak

8O Two FEET?? Woww?? I Prefer something like TODAY in Las Vegas.

ĦĦSalud!!-2

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 06:40 AM
8O Two FEET?? Woww?? I Prefer something like TODAY in Las Vegas.
Not on the ground at the same time, fortunately. :) We had one 15" storm, then another 10" storm. Fortunately both washed away relatively quickly (the first one in a few days, the second one changed over to rain). But yes, I had to shovel the driveway early December. :cry: I hope that's not a sign...

--janak

Candygogo
12-31-2003, 06:42 PM

--janak

And I'm loving it Janak! Of course, people call this 'Sick Weather' because people usually walk around underdressed while out. It was SO nice being able to walk around in a sweater coat instead of a bulky wintercoat :D

So, heading out to Times Square tonight? :wink: I'll be in the house NOT watching 'Dick Clark's Rocking New Years Eve'

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 07:12 PM
And I'm loving it Janak! Of course, people call this 'Sick Weather' because people usually walk around underdressed while out. It was SO nice being able to walk around in a sweater coat instead of a bulky wintercoat :D
Yes. I know exactly what you mean. I love it like this. However (a minor nit) it's confusing because I don't know how many layers to put on me when asleep... and I've decided to use the same coat, I just vary the scarf/gloves/hat to keep me sane.

So, heading out to Times Square tonight? :wink: I'll be in the house NOT watching 'Dick Clark's Rocking New Years Eve'
I'm actually in the city working today... so I could go to Times Square and not freeze. But I think I'll go home and not watch Dick Clark either. ;) The sucky part is that most of the other New Year's Eve programming is pretty lame too...

--janak

Candygogo
12-31-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm actually in the city working today... so I could go to Times Square and not freeze. But I think I'll go home and not watch Dick Clark either. ;) The sucky part is that most of the other New Year's Eve programming is pretty lame too...

--janak[/quote]

That's why Blockbuster is open on major holidays :wink: I can't bear to watch the various marathons on tv neither!

Janak Parekh
12-31-2003, 11:44 PM
That's why Blockbuster is open on major holidays :wink: I can't bear to watch the various marathons on tv neither!
In my case, I'll probably be doing stuff on my computer tonight. :) At about 11:58 I'll run downstairs, watch the ball drop, and assuming everything goes smoothly I'll be back upstairs at 12:05... hey, I know I'm a geek; deal with it. :lol:

--janak

Busdriver
01-01-2004, 04:29 AM
The sucky part is that most of the other New Year's Eve programming is pretty lame too

If you mean TV you could watch the"The History of Sex" on the History Channel. :roll:

Janak Parekh
01-01-2004, 04:30 AM
If you mean TV you could watch the"The History of Sex" on the History Channel. :roll:
Hahahaha. No, I was watching Law & Order on TNT this evening. I think there's a Law & Order, Special Victims Unit marathon on USA, so while I'm waiting for the ball to drop, I'll probably switch to that. 8)

--janak

Steven Cedrone
01-01-2004, 05:25 AM
I'm watching Spongebob with the kids untill the ball drops...

BTW, I still think it should still be an apple... :wink:

Steve

David Prahl
01-01-2004, 06:19 AM
Saw "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" - Horrible! :pukeface: Character development of a Disney animated film, realism of a 1930 sci-fi movie, and "deus ex machina" like it's going out of style. Gross.

Just finished "Double Indemnity" - excellent! An old B&W Phil Noir murder mystery, but it beats the first film hands down.

Steven Cedrone
01-01-2004, 06:30 AM
The kids finally went to sleep and now I can catch the last two shorts from "The Boys*" on AMC... :wink:

Steve

* The Three Stooges for those that don't know...)