View Full Version : Dumb Question about Adobe/HP 4155.

shawnc
12-29-2003, 03:39 PM
I was wondering if there was any way to copy (or move) the Users Guide that is included on the HP Companion CD to my PPC? I'm NEVER going to sit at my PC and read that thing and viewing it from my PPC seems much more practical than printing the hardcopy.

Thanx,

Janak Parekh
12-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Sure -- it's PDF, right? You can try installing Adobe's Acrobat Reader on your Pocket PC, and then use that to read the PDF file. However, I don't know how well it formats for a mobile device. Just make sure you copy the file to your iPAQ through ActiveSync (i.e., via the Mobile Device icon in My Computer), so that Acrobat Reader retags the file.

--janak

shawnc
12-30-2003, 03:07 AM
Janak,

Thanx for the tip, it worked fine. Takes up close to 5MB in storage, so I won't be keeping it very long. The tagging process worked as well.

Thanx again,

Glohamar
12-30-2003, 03:15 AM
I would get RepliGo and covert it to that format. It will be readable on the PPC. I have converted many .pdf files and I think that RepliGo is great. Even better, you ar a subscriber, so you can get RepliGo for the discount.

Dave

Janak Parekh
12-30-2003, 05:42 AM
I would get RepliGo and covert it to that format. It will be readable on the PPC. I have converted many .pdf files and I think that RepliGo is great. Even better, you ar a subscriber, so you can get RepliGo for the discount.
Ah, forgot about the discount. :) Yes, RepliGo is definitely better if you do this a lot -- although if it's only a one-shot thing, Adobe Reader is certainly cheaper. But it's worth pointing out the RepliGo reader takes something like 500K.

--janak