View Full Version : Joys and pains of the wireless dream - help?

baker
12-27-2003, 04:54 AM
Net to dsl modem to linksys b broadband wireless router to pc and usb adapter on second pc (with latest firmware update). Works like a charm for a period of time then the router can’t find the net so neither pc can see the net.

Any ideas on what could cause a router to lose the IP address? I just reset things to make the post and it is working fine for now. Can phones, another wireless nearby of someone else, etc.? I lost. I works great for a while and then just nothing.

I waited almost 45 minutes earlier today on linksys and just gave up after 25 minutes tonight. Figured I try and bother someone on the forums.

Thanks.

DimensionZero
12-27-2003, 09:50 AM
oooh, i remember this problem. it has something to do with your isp assigning you a new dynamic IP.. It mainly affected those of a specific ISP i believe.. This was a long time ago and I can't remember the details...

Try checking out dslreports.com (http://www.dslreports.com/) they've got a great Linksys forum there and people are really helpful. I learned a ton about the linksys products and wifi from the people there.

baker
12-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

baker
12-27-2003, 09:45 PM
DimensionZero:
Thanks. Great forum for wireless. We'll see how things go for now.

baker
12-30-2003, 03:00 PM
Since my last post things are humming along fine! Thanks.