View Full Version : How to avoid conflict between SD and BT ?

Frosty Vibe
12-25-2003, 03:12 AM
It seems like certain iPAQ models ( 1940, 2210 ) have some issue between SD and BT.

How can I avoid it ? because it doesn't seem like a sure thing where every single unit has this problem but rather only certain units.

What should I be looking for when I do buy either of the models ?

thank you

Stevoo187
12-25-2003, 07:59 AM
where did u obtain information that the ipaq 1940 and 2210 have problems with sd and bt? I haven't heard of any problems between these 2 on teh ipaq 1940, but would be very interested in reading an article you ahve on the situation (if you have one) thx.

Steve

Crazie.Eddie
12-25-2003, 10:06 AM
I do not see what the 2 have in common, other than you need to plug in the BT SD card into the SD slot. BT operates on the SD slot, powered by the PPC, with the frequency off 2.4Ghz. The SD is just a slot on the PPC and I can't say for sure if it requires power. Fore there is not radio frequency that will interfere with anything.

Maybe there was a problem were certain devices work better than others? Maybe an issue with a device driver?

Frosty Vibe
12-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Sorry guys, I should've been more specific... from what I've read, the issue occurs only with BT GPS receivers.

There is no "official" article ( or verdict ) on this issue but several 2210 users have pointed this out in different forums.

The problem is that the BT connection breaks quite easily when maps are stored in SD cards.

And apparently, it's not across the board.