View Full Version : New Posts icon

Vulcan
12-23-2003, 11:32 AM
I have noticed that when I check this site that often the icon for new posts is not highlighted when I log in even though I can see by the date that there are in fact new posts....I have checked the preferrences but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Anybody else having this trouble? I do have my web browser set to log me in automaticly.....

PS....I'm talking about accessing it from my desktop.

Janak Parekh
12-23-2003, 04:31 PM
phpBB's New Posts feature is a little flaky. :( Once you click "New Posts", those posts won't show in any later session (i.e., if you're idle for some time or if you close the browser).

--janak

PetiteFlower
12-23-2003, 06:53 PM
You don't even have to click the new posts button....if you load the BB page and then leave, the next time you come back all of the new posts from your last visit will be marked as read, whether you read them or not! Even if you didn't click on any of the individual forums or topics.

Of course for some people the new posts feature doesn't work at all, it shows everything as read no matter what.....that's a problem too.

Janak Parekh
12-23-2003, 07:33 PM
That's true -- it tracks posts by user sessions. I'm hoping this gets better in phpBB 2.2, which is slated to come out soon.

--janak

Vulcan
12-23-2003, 08:06 PM
I frequent a bunch of Jeep forums that use this software and never have that problem.....Don't you just love computers!