View Full Version : Dell's service...good?

girly09
12-23-2003, 06:07 AM
I am wondering about dell's after sales service.Anyone cares to share their experience?Thanks in advance:)

PetiteFlower
12-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Read through the forum......I've found that they can be kind of annoying to deal with(and I think that's true of ALL tech support these days), but after you let them go through their "troubleshooting" script, you'll get what you need(usually an exchange).

GoldKey
12-23-2003, 08:11 PM
They have always done right by me in the long run, but it is extremely frustrating to have to jump through their hoops. I've been waiting weeks for a credit on my DJ order because they charged me shipping even though their site said it was free and my invoice also indicates it was free. Yet, they charged me $10.75 as a seperate credit card charge.

shawnc
12-23-2003, 08:18 PM
I would echo GoklKey's sentiments. Eventually they get it right, but youhave to be V-E-R-Y persistent.

girly09
12-24-2003, 04:40 AM
Ahh that's what i'm afraid of :|I kinda dislike hounding etailers but the axim x3i sounds so good i may just order from them.Thanks again to all who replied. :mrgreen:

dh
12-24-2003, 04:55 AM
I've found Dell support to be just as Petite Flower said. The Indian guys are always very polite, but you have to be patient and let them walk you through all the steps in their troubleshooting script, even if you know exactly what the problem is.

With the Axim, once you get to the end of this process, they send you a new one right away. I've been happy with the service I've received from them and would certainly buy from them again.

girly09
12-24-2003, 05:02 AM
That sounds reassuring dh.Thanks:)

PetiteFlower
12-24-2003, 07:59 AM
And you're going to find that you have to jump through hoops for ANY company to send you a new device, no matter what it is, that seems to just be the industry standard these days. It's cheaper to hire semi-educated people and give them a script to follow then it is to hire actual experienced educated tech support people who could actually diagnose the problem reasonably well without making you do the "soft reset, hard reset" thing first(I mean come on how is a hard reset going to make my buttons respond any differently?)