View Full Version : Messed up 2215

Hyperluminal
12-22-2003, 07:07 PM
I've got an iPaq 2215, and it's kind of messed up. Sometimes when I take it off the cradle, I notice the charging light doesn't go off. That's because it's completely dead.. none of the buttons turn it on, or do anything for that matter. The only way to "revive" it is to do a soft-reset, which is quite annoying. Also, recently it's taken to dying in the middle of using it.. the screen stays on and it looks normal, but you can't use it.. this also prompts a soft reset. And to top it off, often when I turn it on, it turns off several seconds later, so I have to turn it on again.

This is pretty annoying. Does anyone know how to fix these problems, or is it just time to call HP?

Just remembered.. it also seems to turn on randomly too. When it's in its cradle, even if my notebook isn't connected to it, it'll just turn on (and not only at midnight). Weird.. maybe it's time for a hard reset?

Steven Cedrone
12-22-2003, 07:21 PM
You could try a Hard Reset and see if the odd behavior goes away...

Steve

newbie2
12-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I have "turning off automatically" problem last time. It is due to Ipaq Backup schedule. After I turn off the backup schedule, then no more problem.

Bilko
12-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Have you got Calligrapher installed - I had similar problems and removing this has reduced my soft resets from upto 10 per day to 1 every 2/3 days

Hyperluminal
12-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I do have Calligrapher. I'd hate to have to uninstall it. I have 6.5, maybe 7.0 fixes this?

Maybe first I will take Steve's advice, and just try a hard reset. As it happens, I do have a backup schedule too. Maybe I'll get rid of that.

Thanks for the help, guys... :)

Bilko
12-22-2003, 10:31 PM
I love Calligrapher but in the end decided that I had no option.

I beta tested 7.0 and there are improvements, particularly in that it removed the problem where it would not switch on.

I didn't feel it was worth the upgrade price given that the screen freezes were still occuring regularly so reluctantly went back to Transcriber, intending to re-install Calligrapher 6.4

I then found that the soft resets disappeared so stuck with it for a couple of weeks before being tempted to trial 7.0 'just in case' the final version worked on my 2210. It didn't, I was soon back to 6-10 resets and quit the trial after 3 days.

From posts I've seen elsewhere it appears that Phatware believe the problem to be HP's to fix, possibly driver related and involving certain today plug-ins, and it will therefore not go away until a ROM upgrade is released-if then

In the meantime I really miss Calligrapher!

Hyperluminal
12-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, I uninstalled Calligrapher.. let's see if that fixes it.
Bilko.. thanks for letting me know about that problem.. :)