View Full Version : .asf files???

rzanology
12-22-2003, 03:30 AM
is there a program that will play movies ending in .asf? I though windows media was supposed to play them, but it doesn't. Help me!!!

Jon Westfall
12-22-2003, 08:29 AM
asf files can be played with windows media player, providing it has the correct codecs. From what i remember, asf was a kind of catch-all file type (similar to avi) that could contain media encoded in different formats. I know some asf files require the divx codec to be installed (www.divx.com). Make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of MS WMPlayer as you can.

rzanology
12-22-2003, 05:51 PM
I am. my 2215 is running 2003 and i havn't seen any updates for the media player for 2003. I have the little panasonic cam...the sv-av20, it records its movies in .asf. The files will play back fine, i get no audio what so ever. It is driving me crazy that i can't find any software that will work. I tried pocket tv, pocket divx and about 8 more suggested programs....but none of them work. any (more!!!) suggestions???

suddenly_ike
12-28-2003, 02:12 PM
It could be that the videobitrate of your asf file is too high.
Try to convert the asf file with windowsmedia encoder to a smaller bitrate. (smaller than 350kbs)

rzanology
12-30-2003, 07:29 PM
hmmm you could be right. Thanks man!