View Full Version : I wish I could curse in Klingon!

Mitch D
12-21-2003, 08:01 AM
I know that is a subject likely to draw some curious glances but I just had my precious X3i go south on me. No it didn't die all together but it came close to bouncing off a wall or two.

As I stood there looking at my percious ax all I could think of was;

"DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj Daq Hegh"

Why is he so upset you might ask? Well I was playing with my Ax while visiting my inlaws, I love them but I am a Canadian of Red Neck descent (read: White Guy!) and they are all Canadian's of East Indian descent. Not a problem you say? Well you would be right most of the time, except they all start talking in punjabi and even though I have been with my wife for 20 years I am not very good at the language thing.

But I digress, I was playing with my Ax and trying out three new pieces of software I had loaded to try out. Nyditot, IPdash & MobileSniffer... all goes well till Nyditot wants to reset my Ax, not a problem I say even though I have MobileSniffer and IPDash running in the background. The reset seems to go well till I go to shut off my WiFi and the button does not respond, I press the power button and it does not respond. Hmmm not good I am thinking to myself. I try all the buttons and no are responding! I do a manual reset with no luck. I even pull the battery and leave it out for a minute.

I put the battery back in, press the power button and my baby (hey I'm ranting here, what can I say) springs to life. I am thinking I am out of the woods, but no luck, none of the buttons work.

Now I'm sweating buckets thinking I will be without my toy. I leave it alone thinking it will shut itself off and I will deal with it when I get home. I take it out of my case an hour later and it has not shut off and the battey is just about dead! What can I do but pull the battery one more time, after a minute I put it back in and leave it turned off. When I got home I tried syncing it to see if that would help plus save any data I have added since my last sync two days ago.

I now preform the most drastic of thing, a hard reset 8O

When it came back up I told it to clear the memory so I could start over again and see if that corrected the button problem. Which it did... thankfully...

I learned two things from this incident:

1) Always have your data backed up to a SD card if possible...

2) Never play with new software when you are stuck in a situation where your WM2003 device is the only thing/being speaking the same language as you! :wink:

For those of you who might be wondering how I made it through the rest of the gathering with no toy, well lets just say beer is a good thing!! :beer:

:rofl:

But on a more serious note has any other X3 owner run into this problem or was it just a fluke?

Jon Westfall
12-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Kootzvox

I think that is a phonetic of some klingon I remember from my dark days as a heavy trekker...

GoldKey
12-21-2003, 05:02 PM
This should do it
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8853/curse.html