View Full Version : Pocket Pc and Ethernet

sicksound
12-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey,

Anyone know of a way i can connect my pocket pc to a wired (not wireless) network? is there some sort of ethernet adapter out there for the pocket pc? what are my options?

thanks!

AggieJon
12-20-2003, 05:12 PM
:google:

I use wireless myself, but it looks like there are several options out there for compact flash cards that are ethernet adapters (wired). Anyone out there have any experience with any of them?

Steven Cedrone
12-20-2003, 05:32 PM
I used a Pretec CompactLan (http://www.pretec.com/index2/product/Mobile_peripherals/CompactLAN.htm) card (with my 548). Haven't used it lately, but it worked flawlessly for me. I noticed now that is listed on their website as "Phased Out"...

If you want me to, I can dig it out and try it with my 2215...

Steve

sicksound
12-20-2003, 09:12 PM
hey!

thanks for all the tips, one important thin gi forgot to mention though.. my pda has only SD card (SDIO) input. any ethernet SD's out there yet? or any other method i could use to connect to internet without wireless? can i use my USB sync cable and connect through my main pc?

thanks!

AggieJon
12-20-2003, 09:24 PM
can i use my USB sync cable and connect through my main pc?

You CAN connect to the internet when the PPC is connected to Activesync through the USB cable. This will NOT allow you to access your network.

sicksound
12-20-2003, 09:44 PM
aaaah, there's a catch! there's no way at all you can get on the network? if i set some permissions and maybe had a server computer networking the internet, can i share the files that way? by connecting to some sort of usb hub or something?

thanks once again!