View Full Version : My first WiFi - YAY!!!!

IIIsynthtaxIII
12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just got in to Union Station in Toronto after an hour late train and decided to break-out my new h2210 and Ambicom card and try out WiFi for the first time... That's where I'm posting this right now...

... I am in love!

I'll post more once I get home. Please, share you're stories.

P.S. This s*** ROCKS!!

0X

koro
12-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Does Union Station have a free WiFi access point?

I know that the Eaton Centre has a SpotNik AP, but Toronto doesn't see to very very well covered at all.

As for general WiFi, I have a wireless network in my apartment. My latest trick is streaming Live TV to my Ipaq...very geeky. It's interesting that there is about a 5 second delay between the TV and the Ipaq - makes surfing the channel guide a painful exercise :wink:

senfeng
12-19-2003, 10:45 PM
My first time was at home (bummer). But like you, this was the first place I went to followed with my first post on a website. Now I'm just a WiFi wh0re! :wink: I do several posts with my PPC, though they're usually the shorter ones. I am glad that I have Calligrapher, though. It makes posting much faster.

Dave Potter
12-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Does Union Station have a free WiFi access point?

The 1st class VIA1 lounge has free Wi-Fi access at Union Station in Toronto

IIIsynthtaxIII
12-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Right next to Harveys upstairs (next to the pay internet kiosk) is a bell internet access point. That's where I connected.

If you're on the car next to the first class car in a train, you can sometimes get WiFi too. Both the 1st class lounges and trains have WiFi.

Where can I find a website that tells me where all the good wifi spots in Canada are? Mainly Ontario.

Thanks,

|||synthtax|||

Dave Potter
12-20-2003, 08:54 PM
If you're on the car next to the first class car in a train, you can sometimes get WiFi too. Both the 1st class lounges and trains have WiFi.

Actually, only the 1st class express trian between Montreal to Toronto has WiFi - last time I checked. I am waiting for them to add WiFi to the Ottawa to Toronto route.

IIIsynthtaxIII
12-21-2003, 07:24 AM
For those interested, I dug up this from the VIA website:

Access via wireless LAN is currently available in VIA 1 class aboard express trains nos 53 (leaving Montréal at 06:55) and 66 (leaving Toronto at 17:00), and will soon become available aboard trains nos 67 (leaving Montréal at 17:00) and 52 (leaving Toronto at 06:55).

So if you're taking one of these trains sometime, try and get in the car behind firstclass.

|||synthtax|||

Jon Westfall
12-21-2003, 07:53 AM
I envy you guys with wi-fi so close. Nearest places around me are completely out of my way, and are also very unlikely for me to go anyway. Dennys can't get wifi fast enough ;)

pgm
12-21-2003, 10:41 PM
her you go
http://www.80211hotspots.com/
http://www.netwireless.ca/default.htm
http://www.wifinder.com/
:mrgreen:
and don't forget the 'free' WIFI that is out there!!!! 0X