View Full Version : Windows Media Player conflicting w/ Word-Suggestion

nic
12-19-2003, 08:03 PM
This is on a iPAQ h1945
Whenever Windows Media Player is running but not playing, the word suggestion pop's up with suggestions, but tapping on the suggestions doesn't do anything unless i tap on the first one. When I tap on the first one music starts playing 8O .

Then if music is already playing, then there are no word suggestions that appear at all.

Does anyone know of a fix or anything? I've tried a hard-reset.
Thanks!
-Nic

nic
12-20-2003, 07:06 PM
sorry to bump.

Can anyone verify that this is a bug with the model/OS or something? Or is it something that is just wrong with mine?

Thanks!

Dave Beauvais
12-20-2003, 08:32 PM
I just tested on my iPAQ h5455 upgraded to Windows Mobile 2003 and could not duplicate your problem. I had Media Player running in the background but not playing anything, and entered some text into a Pocket Word document using both the on-screen keyboard and letter recognizer. No spontaneous music. :)

Specifically, what program and input method were you using? Have you tried again after a soft reset? Does this happen in all programs that you can input data into or just the one you were using at the time.

nic
12-20-2003, 09:00 PM
It happens in all applications and with the 2 skins I have loaded (default and voice command). In every writing mode where suggestions appear. Any number of letters until suggestion appears, and any number of suggested words.

After a soft reset the problem still exists. But now tapping anywhere in the suggested word box pauses or plays the music (depending). And the word isn't selected, the box just stays open until it times out, or i finish entering my word manually (did this b4 soft reset too).

This really wouldn't be such a problem, if Windows Media Player had an option to "exit" anywhere in it. I have to go into my memory manager to close WMP and it always brings back "Not responding... End Task".

Thanks for the response. So I know it isn't the OS....maybe the model? anyone?

Dave Beauvais
12-20-2003, 09:17 PM
There is software such as Spb Pocket Plus (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/index.html) which, among other things, can turn the http://www.beauvais1.com/images/ppc/ppc_x.gif button into an actual Close button. If you don't feel like buying or installing that, an undocumented keyboard command, Ctrl-Q, will close most Windows CE applications. Simply popup the on-screen keyboard, tap Ctrl, then Q and Media Player will go away.