View Full Version : Why Can't i accept Meeting req's from my ppc?

gai-jin
12-19-2003, 07:35 PM
I have tried sending appt notices from work to my personal email addr, then syncing. when I view the request on my ppc, there is no option to accept, only text describing the time and date. Am I doing something wrong?

gai -jin

townsendtribe
12-19-2003, 11:31 PM
No, you are not doing anything wrong... Pocket Outlook does not have the ability to accept meeting requests, that is just a function of the Desktop version of Outlook.

But it is a feature I would like to see, that and the option to not strip HTML email from ActiveSync.

gai-jin
12-19-2003, 11:43 PM
hmmm...
this seems like a pretty important feature to leave out... Do any of the other PIM programs offer this? (Such as pocket informant ?)

townsendtribe
12-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Pocket Informant does not handle the email, so it wouldn't help... but WebIS does make a mail program for the Pocket PC that is pretty good called @Mail, but their Pocket PC 2002 version does not offer the ability to accept meeting requests as far as I know, and I do not believe that the soon to be released version 2 (which will run on PPC2003) will have it either.

gai-jin
12-20-2003, 04:47 AM
Hmm, when I got home, these messages actually showed on my desktop just exactly as they did on the pda, text only, no way to accept/decline. Come to think of it, I think anytime I send messages from work, that's how they show. When I send from my PDA to home, or from Home to Work, etc, they show up as actual requests.

I wonder if it's not something in the configuration on the work PC.

Gai-jin

Eitel
12-20-2003, 07:26 PM
The appoinment email needs to be sent in Rich Text format for the Pocket Inbox to see it properly.
Before sending the appt email, double click on the email address and right click on it and select properties. Change the "Let Outlook decide..." to Rich text, and then send it.

http://www.islabonita.org/files/accept.JPG