View Full Version : Annoying Network Log On Screen when not connected

warptime
12-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Greetings!

I have searched PPCT and Google, but to no avail. With the help of T-Mobile support I have my iPAQ 1945 talking to my T610 SE phone through Bluetooth. After turning off Bluetooth and even soft resetting the 1945, I get a Network Log On for the T-Mobile connection from time to time. Anyone have an idea why this happens, even after a soft reset?

In the startup folder is BTTrayCE and ShowBmp (no idea what that is for!). As far as I can tell there is nothing running that should be trying to get on the network. It may be a simple setting somewhere, but I have not been able to find it.

:D Happy Holidays! :)

Thanks!

Ron

Darren Behan
12-19-2003, 09:28 PM
I don't know for sure that this will solve your problem but this might point you in the right direction. Try Start/Settings/Connections/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks and see what is listed for "Programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using" and see if it is pointing toward your Bluetooth connection. That might be doing it even though you are not specifically trying to connect. If that isn't it you may want to poke around the rest of the Connections dialogs to see if there is something there. Hope this helps.

db

warptime
12-23-2003, 07:43 AM
Thanks db!

I have checked the screen you mention and it is pointing to the Bluetooth connection. I still get the Log On screens when I change it to "My Work Network" which is not configured. It is still trying to connect it seems because I get a dialog 'Cannot Connect' 'Unable to connect: You have no modem entries created, and no network card present.'

It seems like something is trying to hit the net, but I can not find anything. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again db!!

Ron

Eitel
12-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Looks like you have a VPN set in the "My Work Network" connection.