View Full Version : Anyone have the Sleeve Case from casesonline.com for any iPAQ 1900 series?

SD-Realtor
12-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Hi, this is my first post on the site - forgive me if this is the wrong place for this topic. :oops:
I have an ipaq 1945 and am shopping for the right case for what I use it for. I am strongly considering the "sleeve case" from casesonline.com. I do currently have one of the aluminum cases, but since I purchased my gps I have placed a bit of velcro on the back. Of course, my ppc no longer fits in the aluminum case.
Anyways, I am strongly considering the sleeve case from casesonline.com, as I am looking for a case which is very very thin, and where I can easily remove my pda whenever I want to use it. I often take it out when I get in my car to put it on my AC pda mount for gps purposes. For that reason I don't really want anything with flip tops of any sort. (Plus, any regular non-pocket pc person is always somewhat impressed with how thin the 1945 is. Also, I really like how thin and light it feels without a case.)
Please let me know if anyone has this case, and what they think. I think my biggest question is whether it is as thin as what I am looking for. I know it has no flap of any sort, so hopefully it is as thin as it looks. Any review would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

-By the way, I did run a search and found nothing about this case.

Chris Spera
12-18-2003, 02:06 PM
I have this case for my 5455. I'm not impressed with it; but then again, I don't like slipper cases.

Yes, the case is thin. It doesn't have any belt clip option, so there's no way to secure it to your belt. I found myself constantly carrying it and I don't like that.

However, for basic protection, it does a fair job. If you're looking for a sleeve/ slipper case, this is a great choice.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Howarduk
12-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Hi there

I just purchased a Sena case a few weeks ago after looking at various options and I came to this conclusion. You either buy a case that you can use with active synch without taking the ipaq out of the case <which you can with a Sena case> the downside of that is that the corners of the ipaq are vulnerable if you happen to drop it plus it is possible for dust to get in as well. Or, you buy one that gives you complete protection but also means that you have to remove the ipaq from the case whenever you use it to active synch or when using it in a cradle if you have SatNav software. I looked at a lot of posts and visited many websites looking at various products and eventually decided on Sena.
What decided it for me was the fact that it is very thin and nicely nicely made, it can stay in the case for anything you want to do with it including soft reset if you need it and it has a very nicely finished magnetic lock that clips the case together and also sits in the cradle in the car for SatNav software. It does have a flip top but I just fold that back when it sits in the car cradle and it doesnt get in the way. Hope that helps.

http://www.senacases.com/

Howard

christheswiss
12-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Kudos on the Sena case, I have one for my 1945 and love it. It syncs using my USB cable and it is sleek, much smaller then anything else. I also have an aluminum case, it is much heavier and more bulky, also, it has no belt clip. Go with the Sena, it's a great value, you also will love the quality of the leather. :mrgreen:

ikesler
12-22-2003, 03:17 AM
I've had two of those cases and love them.......... I now am using one for my 4150........ I think it is great quality and quite slim. Holds my ipaq perfectly and I don't like belt clips so it lacking one doesn't bother me. THey have great service too! I was very happy both times I ordered!