View Full Version : How many PPCs do you own or use?

senfeng
12-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Recently, I traded my Toshiba e755 for an iPaq 2215 because the iPaq was much more confortable in my hand. I did this mainly because the iPaq was a lot more compact, lighter, and lets face it, there are a lot more accessories for iPaqs than Toshibas. However, I missed my Toshiba... a lot. The screen was a touch brighter and more crisp. Though it had the same processor speed, it seemed to be faster and a lot more stable. And I have to admit that if it came down to a choice between integrated WiFi or integrated Blue Tooth, I personally prefer WiFi (just my opinion).

Well, my friend tells me that he's not really using the Toshiba and got into the whole handheld "craze" on a whim. So, he sold it back to me for $100! I couldn't resist! Now I've got 2 PPCs and just I'm wondering how many of you use multiple PPCs. Am I just GADGET CRAZY?

I've alway wanted more internal memory on my PPC (64 just doesn't cut it for me). Sure I use CF/SD for storage, but even then, my apps just seem to eat up space. I was thinking about using the Toshiba for email, internet, stocks, AIM, etc. and using the iPaq for everything else (Money Management, Games, Project Management, etc.). I'm not actually sure what the division will be, but does this sound crazy to you guys? Do you think its strange to lug around 2 PPCs? Have any of you done it before? Do you get confused?

Vulcan
12-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Two thoughts....

1)I wish I had a friend who would sell me an E750 for a $100!
2)Using two PDA's will be frustrating. The reason I like my PPC so much is that it has all my data right at hand. If you go with two devices Murrphy's Law says the that the info or application you want will be on the PPC you don't have with you. I recall when I was first testing Win2K....I would dual boot it with Win98....It seemed that what ever I wanted was installed in the other OS etc.

townsendtribe
12-16-2003, 09:26 AM
I currently use my Dell Axim X5 Advanced, but I also own a Compaq iPAQ 3850 and two iPAQ 3650s.

There is more as well; I have a couple of the older clamshell handhelds (jornadas) two palm pilots, an Apple Newton and a Franklin eBookman. But those are just laying around, I don't really use them.

Vulcan
12-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey townsendtribe

I just checked out your page....Man is your Today screen busy!!!

townsendtribe
12-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey townsendtribe

I just checked out your page....Man is your Today screen busy!!!
It is an "Information Megacenter" :lol: Yeah, it's kinda busy, but I like it... It still keeps a clean interface.

senfeng
12-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Two thoughts....

1)I wish I had a friend who would sell me an E750 for a $100!
2)Using two PDA's will be frustrating. The reason I like my PPC so much is that it has all my data right at hand. If you go with two devices Murrphy's Law says the that the info or application you want will be on the PPC you don't have with you. I recall when I was first testing Win2K....I would dual boot it with Win98....It seemed that what ever I wanted was installed in the other OS etc.That's why I'm wondering how many people do this? It's got to be more than just "townsendtribe", right?

So, townsendtribe. Do you get confused trying to figure out which PDA has which programs? I was looking at my list of Apps and found out that most of my apps are utilities that need to be on both devices, I'm still working on which apps should be unique to a specific device. Any suggestions? I was thinking iPaq for personal stuff and Toshiba for Business.

pocketpcfox
12-16-2003, 10:58 PM
It is an "Information Megacenter" :lol: Yeah, it's kinda busy, but I like it... It still keeps a clean interface.

Would you mind revealing your secret recipe? :lol:

darrylb
12-17-2003, 02:20 AM
I use two PPC's. I have a 4150 for my everyday stuff and a 1910 for testing apps I'm developing. On a daily basis, Im only using the 4150, but I often use the 1910. I also loan the 1910 out to prospective PocketPC users to try out. It's a slow device, but you cant beat the screen and a slow device is ideal for development...

Candygogo
12-17-2003, 05:06 AM
a PPC and a H/PC, but you knew that from reading my tagline :wink:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing wrong with keeping a backup/spare pda. The PPC is my goto one--where all my appointments, tasks and other PIMs are stored. I try to keep my older H/PC up to date contacts wise, but that's about it.

senfeng
12-17-2003, 08:51 AM
WOW! The poll numbers are surprising. I guess I'm NOT crazy! But I'm going over a few options:

1. Keep both PDAs
2. Upgrade the memory on my 2215 and sell the e755 (OUCH)
3. Find someplace that'll upgrade the memory on my e755 and sell the 2215 (UGH).

I can't decide

Janak Parekh
12-17-2003, 05:24 PM
I have one, but am thinking of getting a second. I have a different rationale: my primary Pocket PC is a Samsung i700, which is the only "connected" solution from Verizon as they don't support Bluetooth. However, I'm debating getting an e805 for my heavy ebook/paper reading and WiFi activities. I just want that 480x640 screen... ;)

--janak