View Full Version : PPC Newbie: How do I synch data between 2 computers?

wingnut64
12-16-2003, 07:48 AM
I have scoured these forums and could not find a definitive pain-free, documented, step by step method to synch data between my work desktop and home laptop. I just want to mirror the PIMS for both computers like I did in the old Palm days.

Activesync keeps duplicating outlook entries and asking me to create new partnerships and this is driving me nuts!!!

Any help or links to past helpful threads would be appreciated.

I am using a h1945 IPAQ and AS3.7.

wingnut64

Thinkingmandavid
01-04-2004, 01:51 AM
I do not know of a way to sync two different outlooks on the same ppc. I do not think it is possible. mmm, I am wondering if you would be able to sync one to the unit itself and then the other to a sd card.

Janak Parekh
01-04-2004, 06:33 AM
I have scoured these forums and could not find a definitive pain-free, documented, step by step method to synch data between my work desktop and home laptop. I just want to mirror the PIMS for both computers like I did in the old Palm days.
Do you mean you want the same data on both machines? If so, first create the partnership on one machine and sync data with it. Then, on the second machine, create a partnership but have an empty Outlook database and let the Pocket PC fill it in. Both machines should then stay synced.

--janak

shah
03-17-2004, 08:12 PM
I too need to sync between my desktop and laptop. The way to do it is to install active sync 3.7... and when you sync for the first time it will go through a setup process at which it askes you Qs like to you want to sync with this pc or microsoft exchange... etc and after that Qs it asks you if you want to sync between this and another PC or ONLY this pc... Thats when you sya both PC's and voila its done. You may need to re-install actoivesync to get his option again.

Shah