View Full Version : Is this a possibility:

Monty Gibson
12-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Hello everyone, Happy H :D lidays.

I love my T-Mobile PPCPE; however, it's becoming more and more that I want to separate the two devices. Why? Well, it's simple: The Pocket PC Phone Edition is quite large to put up to my face anymore with the grease, the grime, and the dirt; and I find that I use a BT headset (that's still two devices you have to carry if you want a "hands-free" unit) to make and use for phone calls. Granted, having a phone in hand and a PPCPE in your "pocket" is quite hefty as well, but the XDA II; as awesome as it is, is still is a little much to carry around and bring to your head. My T-Mobile has often had a horrible signal and erroneous glitches. For one example; last night someone was calling me; I have both the ringer and vibrate mode on and the vibrate mode was stuck for a good 5 minutes. I had to soft-reset the device :lol:. Cameras are not up to par as far as resolution is concerned and I just don't see the need for the extra bulk. So, my question is this:

"Is there a combination that anyone can think of that will allow the following:"

-The ability for a cellular phone and a pocket pc to "talk" using BT to constantly update each other with contact information, etc?

-A cellular phone that can perform the above AND allows for voice commands, dialing, etc?

I need the data centric functionality of the Pocket PC so going all "smartphone" is out of the question for me at this time. Thank you for your help.

Any rumors that HP is coming out with a Pocket PC Phone device :wink:?

theon
12-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Have you tried Pocket Presence's Running Voice GSM? I basically run the same thing now with that.

Monty Gibson
12-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Have you tried Pocket Presence's Running Voice GSM? I basically run the same thing now with that.

Thanks for the information! Now, correct me if I'm wrong. This software will install on a regular Pocket PC and will keep the Pocket PC and the Phone updated via bluetooth is this correct? Are there any limitations to which phone we can use?

theon
12-24-2003, 08:37 AM
They have a list of compatible phones on their site, www.pocketpresence.com.