View Full Version : Battery question....

karol_ki
12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Hi!

I'm new to ppc world so i don't have any experience and knowlege about charging the battery...(Li-Ion)

1.It is good to leave device in cradle for whole night charging...?
2.Should I charge as rarely as possible (less charges-less cycles use)?
3.Can I leave pda in cradle for 2-4 weeks?(I'm have to leave device at home....)???Or better is to let pda discharge and leave it with empty battery?(backup)

That is all for now:D

Thanks!
Sorry for lame questions..:)

Korlon
12-15-2003, 07:14 PM
You'll want to leave it charging. This doesn't do any harm. Letting your battery fully discharge is a Bad Thing (tm).

PetiteFlower
12-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Keep it charged as much as possible, it will make the battery last longer. It is better to leave it in the cradle while you go away then to let the battery drain. The battery is protected from overcharging so leaving it plugged in won't hurt anything.

Letting the battery drain completely will shorten the life of your battery, so charge it as often as you can and don't let it get below 40% if you can help it.

tdrake
12-15-2003, 11:38 PM
How can you leave it at home for 2-4 weeks? I cant go 6 hours without using mine,looking at it, playing on it.

Charging in the cradle is jsut fine. I think all PPCs have the cradle designed like they do in the ipaq that you can leave it in the cradle. I leave mine in its cradle on my desk all day when I am busy at work.

Hope that helps -- and I hope you are leaving it at home for 2-4 weeks cause you are taking a nice long vacation with no work involved.

Merry xmas - Drake -

karol_ki
12-15-2003, 11:51 PM
For example i go for many camps or so and there i haven't possibility to charge it and better is to leave at home(dust etc....)

pocketpcfox
12-16-2003, 12:39 AM
Sorry for lame questions..:)

Well, it's a good question, but when you are new to a site/list/etc you should remember to do a search of your question before asking, simply to spare the rest of the "site regulars" a weekly foray into these commonly asked questions.