View Full Version : Does it seems like your main storage memory disappears?

Candygogo
12-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Must be all the programs I have crammed inside! :wink:

Seriously, I check the folders of my programs and it just don't seem like it would take up all that space.

Another (sorta related) question: Can you store Vindigo guides on memory cards? I was thinking about using Vindigo again and there's no way I can install a city guide, let alone 5 from my surrounding area!

Anthony Caruana
12-15-2003, 04:50 AM
Are you using Pocket IE to browse the web much. PIE caches a lot of stuff. I find that if I clear its cache that I recover a lot of space.

Also, the memory allocation moves automagically as you use the device. So, if you've got lots of apps open, the program memory allocation increases thus decreasing your storage memory.

Janak Parekh
12-15-2003, 05:03 AM
Anthony's right on the money. Also, check out WIMR? (Where Is My RAM?); Ed talks about it here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10799

Freeware app to tell you... well... where your RAM is going. ;)

--janak

Candygogo
12-15-2003, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys :)

Arcticblue
12-15-2003, 01:00 PM
I discovered that I was missing alot of Ram... on my Ipaq 3850, and
when I checked it did not look like I had alot of programs that should take up space
Anyway I found out that while someone had used my notes and saved alot of them too... when I deleted them (many with sound) I got ALOT of ram free :wink:

i_spock
12-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Yep I agree with all of the above.. esp. the PIE cache. Last time I cleared it I got over 10MB(!) back!