View Full Version : Wireless Active Sync

jalm1
12-15-2003, 02:06 AM
I would just like to voice my discontent with Microsoft’s Active Sync (as if this is new). In particular their wireless active sync for exchange. One of my responsibilities is to authorize the deployment of new technologies. Personally, I try to keep up to date with the technology that I use. As such, I am seriously considering the new XDA II to replace a cell phone and my current PPC; however I will still carry my ‘crackberry’ as I don’t think I could every go anywhere without it. My complaint is that Microsoft only built in support for email, contacts, and calendar to their wireless sync, which in my opinion is bogus. Really, how hard would it have been to add tasks and notes support, and maybe even allow access to some public folders. Or maybe in WM 2003 an update to inbox, or maybe some outlook type program to access public folders (that is a little off this topic). Microsoft should be paying attention to their competition. Blackberry announced quite a wile ago in their next exchange server edition they will be offering wireless tasks, contacts, and notes synchronization in addition to the calendar and excellent push email. Good has had full synchronization of email, tasks, contacts, calendar, and notes for quite a wile. Why is Microsoft slacking in area. They are obviously trying to court corporate users, but don’t offer services comparable to their competitors. I do however, love how the pocket pc integrates many other aspects of windows and, their PIM functions in my opinion are the best on the handheld, that’s why I carry one. But they could defiantly do a better job of keeping people on the go up to date without having to cradle. Especially with the launch of their new smart phones. Just my $0.02.